Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
The fact is that 30+% of Fox News viewers are Democrats ... intellignt, thinking Democrats of course (there are some). If you don't watch it, then you have no basis for criticism. Only +30% who watch Fox are Republicans ... this was all reported only last week. They analyzed CNN, MSNBC, FOX. Fox had more of a balance between Repubs, Dems, Inds than any other cable news network.

As for her house, it is quite amazing and absolutely fair game considering the Dems opened the stupid door about houses. Who the heck cares? I know I don't.

Still ... I'm puzzled. I distinctly remember Joe Biden saying his mother had trouble affording health insurance. He could have gotten her an awful lot of health insurance for what the house cost.

Everyone acts like if you watch a certain channel, you are pledging allegiance to that particular pablum. Geez...I watch CNN, MSNBC and even Fox to get contrary views. Probably like most Democrats. Republicans won't waver in being spoon fed only one brand of nonsense. Probably afraid that if they dared to watch MSNBC they might hear something that started to make sense.
-cover ears-LALALALALA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 10:13 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,398,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Everyone acts like if you watch a certain channel, you are pledging allegiance to that particular pablum. Geez...I watch CNN, MSNBC and even Fox to get contrary views. Probably like most Democrats. Republicans won't waver in being spoon fed only one brand of nonsense. Probably afraid that if they dared to watch MSNBC they might hear something that started to make sense.
-cover ears-LALALALALA.
Wow. If you were such a "fair" Democrat, you'd know not all Republicans are tied to one channel.

Please cover your mouth along with your ears. It's obvious your eyes are closed already.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:13 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
The fact is that 30+% of Fox News viewers are Democrats ... intellignt, thinking Democrats of course (there are some). If you don't watch it, then you have no basis for criticism. Only +30% who watch Fox are Republicans ... this was all reported only last week.

If that's true, you don't provide a link, then why do 87% of Fox viewers say they will be voting for McCain?

Here is my link:

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/news_you_watch_says_a_lot_about_how_you_ll_vote - broken link)

Old 08-23-2008, 10:30 AM

835 posts, read 1,322,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
The whole reason for pointing out how many homes McCain doesn't remember owning, is to show how OUT OF TOUCH McCain is with "regular" life...he doesn't know how much you have to make before you're "rich", he doesn't know how much gas costs at the pump, he doesn't know how many houses he has. There is NOTHING wrong in working hard and amassing a fortune (not that McCain did that), but there is A LOT wrong with the President of the United States not knowing any of the details about his own life. No wonder McCain doesn't have any specific policy plans.
My wife pumps gas in her car every few weeks and doesn't know what the cost is as it fluctuates. She also couldn't tell you the cost of a gallon of milk. She doesn't know the cost, she just knows we need them and therefore buy them. How many game shows have been created with this very concept in mind....the average person doesn't know the answer or they would win more on the game show. When you buy properties for investment purpose you may not know the number. Many of the homes have been passed down and they have an accountant. It is more important for McCain to concentrate on his work for the people of the country than his personal finances. In my home my wife does all the accounting so I can run the business I started 6 years ago, and I could not tell you where our money is invested or how much is in each account. She on the other hand can tell you to the nearest dollar how much is where. When you have a strong spouse to handle the finances you can occupy your time with the important issues at hand.
In terms of being rich the first million is the hardest they say...I found the first million to be a lot of hard work, long hours and lost time with family. Having a million does not make me rich as the government took half with taxes. I guess the perception of wealth is not understood until you are on the other side.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:22 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
All CNN was talking about was the Olympics and I wanted to see Biden coverage. Otherwise I would not watch The Republican News Channel!

I watch them also when CNN has movie star "news" that second I go to FOX as won't watch that junk.

MNBC is my top choice but due to Olympic coverage havent watched them .

FOX is extreme right be it Oreilly that madman leading the charge to have "terrorist" Rachael Ray taken off Dunkin donut ad or the other insanity on FOX but I have been watching them lol .

Old 08-23-2008, 11:23 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
-cover ears-LALALALALA.

I agree .

Old 08-23-2008, 11:49 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,460,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I watch Fox to laugh. It's better than sit coms these days.
Terrorist fist jab all the way...

Old 08-23-2008, 12:00 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,844,917 times
can someone give me an example of a good non biased news channel? didn't think so.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:06 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
I watch FOX everyday and frankly I'm tired of hearing Bob Beckel. yack yack yack yack .

Old 08-23-2008, 12:34 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
All CNN was talking about was the Olympics and I wanted to see Biden coverage. Otherwise I would not watch The Republican News Channel!
Uh-huh...that's what they all say. Cue Twilight Zone Music. First you watch to see what they're saying because you just CAN'T believe people would watch Fox. You need to sound like you're with it amongst your liberal friends. Maybe it starts innocently with O'Reilly. You're just curious. After a couple of weeks you don't bother to change the channel when Hannity and Colmes comes on after The O'Reilly Factor. One of your friends says something at a party and you dive in with a retort. As the room grows quiet, all of a sudden your head begins to spin and you can't remember if you used Hannity's or Colmes' position. You're aghast and yet it's exhilirating because you know things your friends don't know on both sides of the issue. Pretty soon, you're sneaking out of work at lunchtime to listen to Rush Limbaugh in the car as you tell yourself, "I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS GUY SAYS!" to justify your behavior in your own mind. Your friends ask you to go to a War Is Not The Answer/Save The Polar Bears/Weigh the Schoolchildren Rally but you brush them off because Glenn Beck is doing a whole hour with an energy expert and you gotta be home by 7:00P to see it. Then, it happens. Your first talk radio phone call and you don't feel dirty. Pretty soon, you're subscribing to Newsmax, watching your body language and reading The Drudge Report.

In the catacombs of DC, a black-caped Karl Rove pulls your name out of the Democrat barrel, places it in the Republican barrel and then he chortles and lets out with a Howard Dean scream. The End.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections