Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:02 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,901,925 times

Advertisements

the reality is... we cannot just turn off fossil fuels overnight.. we are dependent on them.. and as for carbon emissions.. natural gas is an option we already have.. that does not pollute the earth with carbon like many byproducts of oil... If you're only looking at her remarks with 10 year blinders on.. then of course you think she's insane.. but if you're looking at the bigger picture.. it makes perfect sense...
use what we already have.. that is the cleanest option.. WHILE investing in new cleaner sustainable energy options that don't rely on fossil fuels... as far as I understand that is obama's platform as well... I don't understand why people or hardline conservatives are trying to make the issue and statements trivial and inaccurate. Implying that pelosi and obama are not speaking about what their plans are is absurd.. the only reason why you would think that is because you weren't or didn't want to listen to them in the first place.. you're just running your mouth in opposition because you are a republican..
I admire Pelosi for sticking to her beliefs and upholding her duty as a public official.. even if it contradicts her church.... and the shortsighteness of the public...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 03:05 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,685,434 times
I am sure 75% of Barack supporters would have cheered, clapped, chanted, etc. had Barack been on stage and said "we need to stop using fossil fuels and start using natural gas." Its just how they roll.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 AM

826 posts, read 1,621,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Bet see thinks there are 57 states too!
LOL that is too funny.

He said he's been to 57 states with one left to go..so there are 58..I'd sure like to visit all of them too.

As for Pelosi the confused...does she know what she's saying...no wonder congress' approval rating is beyond what a toilet can flush. Get these clowns out of there and send them back to where they belong...a circus.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,468,505 times
Howard Dean would only allow half of the delegates of the 58th state to be seated.

Until they got to the convention. Now the Democrats are telling all states that it doesn't matter when they hold their primaries. Which means that Hillary was cheated.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 AM

889 posts, read 2,400,825 times
Here is the notice I got on my electric bill that went up $101 dollars for no apparent reason (I have never turned on my AC or my CAC --not even ONCE! this entire summer --so why did my electric bill go from $209.00 to $311.00?)

"The cost of oil and natural gas is soaring and fuel and purchased power costs make up neraly 60% of your LIPA bill. effective July 1, 2008 the total chargers on your LIPA bill will increase by 3% as the Power Supply Charge rate needs to be increased from $0.097689 to $0.103420 with kWh to cover the increased cost of fuel and purchased power. For more information please visit LIPA's web site at www.lipower.org or contact LIPA's Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-490-0025"

now.....I can just imagine what my bill would be had I actually turned on my AC. Does anyone here see why I didn't? $311.00 for electric for one month with no ac is enough for me. Especially since I paid $1,000 for gas last month as I am a Real Estate agent and my job requires driving. Now I hear we are having an extremely cold winter.

and how many of my tax dollars does Obama want to send to Africa to feed the poor? and how mny of my tax dollars does Biden want to send to Georgia to rebuild what Russia knocked down? And how much is going to cost us until SOMEONE comes up with an alternative fuel to drive our cars and heat our homes? Probably as fast as New Orleans is being rebuilt.

So who should I vote for? The man who will bring back the draft and take my kids away to fight in a senseless world war III? Or the man who wants to take my tax dollars to take care of everyone on the planet but me?

the douche or the turd sandwich?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,809,653 times
The American Spectator

Quote:
"It's like 'Thanks, madam speaker, you've done quite enough. Please move along,'" says one Obama adviser. "She got us stuck on three different issues that we wanted no part of. She's no master strategist, no matter what she may believe. You may see more of her, but if her mouth is open, what comes out won't be anything that our campaign wants anything to do with."
No, we need to keep Soup-line Nancy talking - it only helps the republicans.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:59 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,816,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The American Spectator

No, we need to keep Soup-line Nancy talking - it only helps the republicans.
Exactly. The best thing for the republican party is giving the mic to these far left wackos. What is amusing is, like several posters here, they simply don't see that they are their own worse enemy.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:10 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,325,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
On Meet the Press. Repeatedly Is she brain dead? Is there something that dems drink to make them mindless? btw, she's heavily invested in natural gas.

Sigh. I'm sure the cult feels they're being taken care of.
---------------------
Whenever she is within 50 miles of Obama his polls go down .

Pelosi has no conviction's on anything a typical 30 year parasite politician.

She hurt's Obama as much as Bush hurt's Mccain.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:12 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,607,391 times
Maybe the natural gas she's referring to is her own???

Old 08-27-2008, 02:13 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,325,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Exactly. The best thing for the republican party is giving the mic to these far left wackos. What is amusing is, like several posters here, they simply don't see that they are their own worse enemy.

If Congress was Rep I would be first in line voting for Obama .

Though I still support him knowing Pelosi will now have so much influence has got me looking at Mccain . Waiting to see who is VP will be .

Pelosi and Cheney type's offer nothing to the non rich limo lib and Neocon conservative bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections