U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-27-2008, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 13,405,260 times
Reputation: 1508

Advertisements

Barr reaches 11 percent in state poll

Quote:
According to the poll results for 10 battleground states released on Aug. 23, Barr is polling at 11 percent in New Hampshire and 10 percent in Nevada. Barr is also polling 8 percent in Ohio, and has similar numbers across the country.
I hope he spends what little money he has wisely.

Quote:
"Americans recognize that neither John McCain nor Barack Obama are agents of change in this country," Barr says, explaining his increasing poll numbers. "Senators McCain and Obama are the remnants of a political establishment that has failed the American people, and will continue to do so as long as voters give them a chance. It's time to send them a message; a message that says we will not tolerate another four years of business-as-usual in Washington."
I agree 100%. I just wish we could have found a better candidate than the guy who led the war against drugs, and the impeachment of Clinton.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2008, 07:57 AM
 
31,212 posts, read 38,142,230 times
Reputation: 13528
Third party candidates are a factor that are missed in many polls. The results when Barr and Nader are given full consideration are interesting. Barr could be a major factor in how Georgia plays out. Between new voter registration and Barr, the Dem's could carry Georgia.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 13,405,260 times
Reputation: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Third party candidates are a factor that are missed in many polls. The results when Barr and Nader are given full consideration are interesting. Barr could be a major factor in how Georgia plays out. Between new voter registration and Barr, the Dem's could carry Georgia.
Barr has name recognition for many long time Republicans. Some of them are fed up with the current GOP. I hope they vote for Barr, at least to show the GOP that their members are tired of the lies and corruption.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Wallace, Idaho
3,354 posts, read 6,303,456 times
Reputation: 3555
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Barr reaches 11 percent in state poll



I hope he spends what little money he has wisely.



I agree 100%. I just wish we could have found a better candidate than the guy who led the war against drugs, and the impeachment of Clinton.
I'm having a really hard time coming to grips with his past voting record. Usually, voting Libertarian would be a no-brainer for me, but the choice of candidate is making it really tough this time around. Why couldn't Paul have run? Why didn't Badnarik come back?

Well, anyway, if he's polling double digits, good for him. At least it means people are (1) paying attention and (2) disgusted with the choices the major parties have given us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Wallace, Idaho
3,354 posts, read 6,303,456 times
Reputation: 3555
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Barr has name recognition for many long time Republicans. Some of them are fed up with the current GOP. I hope they vote for Barr, at least to show the GOP that their members are tired of the lies and corruption.
I wonder how Chuck Baldwin is polling. He's probably attracting a good chunk of social conservatives and evangelicals this time around.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 13,405,260 times
Reputation: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
I'm having a really hard time coming to grips with his past voting record. Usually, voting Libertarian would be a no-brainer for me, but the choice of candidate is making it really tough this time around. Why couldn't Paul have run? Why didn't Badnarik come back?
Exactly. I mean, I understand that people can see the effects of their policies after they leave Washington. While there, they remain insulated to the effects of bad legislation. So I'm going to say that I know I can't trust McCain or Obama. I don't know that I can't trust Barr, however the Libertarian Party was convinced enough to nominate the guy. I'll be holding my nose.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Wallace, Idaho
3,354 posts, read 6,303,456 times
Reputation: 3555
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Exactly. I mean, I understand that people can see the effects of their policies after they leave Washington. While there, they remain insulated to the effects of bad legislation. So I'm going to say that I know I can't trust McCain or Obama. I don't know that I can't trust Barr, however the Libertarian Party was convinced enough to nominate the guy. I'll be holding my nose.
I hear you, and that's probably what I'll end up doing, too.

I really, really cannot remember when our choices were this bad in an election cycle.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 AM
 
17,290 posts, read 27,677,171 times
Reputation: 8667
I think that Republicans are turning to Barr because they think Obama is inevitable... so it's the perfect time to send a message to the GOP.... like what happened with Obama and his black support after Iowa, however, if think they might actually have a chance in November to beat dems, they might rally back to McCain.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 08:28 AM
 
12,779 posts, read 7,188,710 times
Reputation: 4327
Good for Barr. I wish I could vote for Paul, but Im happy to vote for Barr and hope that people start to wake up and stop blindly voting the party line. I have hope that future elections will offer better candidates, and more than 2 terrible choices.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 13,405,260 times
Reputation: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Good for Barr. I wish I could vote for Paul, but Im happy to vote for Barr and hope that people start to wake up and stop blindly voting the party line. I have hope that future elections will offer better candidates, and more than 2 terrible choices.
There's a special guest speaker at the Rally. Paul has already talked bout making an endorsement after the RNC is over.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top