Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 09:35 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,050 times

Advertisements

I can say one for sure... mine!

First, I'm not saying that I'm not voting McCain's ticket because she's a woman. Let's get that out now. Here's the problems with her that I have:

1. McCain has been touting Obama's lack of experience as the reason he's a better choice. Now, he picks a VP nominee with less experience than Obama, both in age and in politics.

2. He picks a person with a possible special needs child. I don't know how effective she will be as a parent and a VP to fill that child's need. May not be as big an issue, but it adds.

3. McCain's age/health has always been an issue. If Obama is not ready with the experience he has (more than Palin) and his age, if something were to happen to McCain, what makes him think she's ready?

4. She's virtually an unknown and untested quantity.

McCain... you just screwed up!! Had you picked Romney, I know many people on the fence around where I live (Texas) that would have jumped on the ticket to vote. Now... not only have you lost our votes... but gave them to your competitor. Bad move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 09:37 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,964,579 times
I think he picked her to snag the PUMAs...it might work but I think the Puma nutters would prefer someone older.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:38 AM

174 posts, read 626,500 times
He doesn't give a sheight whether or not she's ready, and if you think he does, your just ignorant. All this lame old fart is trying to do is snatch up the hillary feminist movement. It smacks of desperation and I think by the end of next week he will have lost this election. Makes me happy...

Old 08-29-2008, 09:38 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,086 times
He did not loose any, he gained all those fence sitters that supported Hilary. This was a huge move by McCain. I admire McCain for this pick.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:39 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,333 times
1. McCain can say the inexperienced candidate is at the bottom of his ticket instead of the top.

2. That's a plus with the pro-life "family values" crowd.

3. I don't think he was too worried about experience. He was worried about bringing the social conservatives into the fold, picking up some disaffected Hillary voters, and going with the DC outsider, the way everyone thought Obama would. It's a totally cynical choice, but it's also very smart. He's a "maverick," remember?

4. So was Obama.

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Ah, the question is not how much he has lost, for I am sure it is few--but how many he's gained.

If you liked McCain before, you should like him even more as a result of his choice.

If you go from McCain to Obama, you were never a valid Republican to begin with, and I say, don't let the door hit ya!

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
McCain... you just screwed up!! Had you picked Romney, I know many people on the fence around where I live (Texas) that would have jumped on the ticket to vote. Now... not only have you lost our votes... but gave them to your competitor. Bad move!
Oh, yeah. Texas. BIG Obama state.

Palin is a lifetime member of the NRA, and an avid angler and hunter.

Your vote just got buried even deeper.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
He just lost the election.

Period.

If he had hired a team of experts from think tanks across the globe and asked what was the most hoplessly idiotic thing he could do to guarantee he would lose the election, this would be it.

This will go down in history as the single greatest gaff by a presidential party nominee who had a chance at winning.

If this is true, then he also does not deserve to be president. He's clearly lost his mind.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,925 times
He also asuaged the GOP base giving them a reason to get out the vote

Old 08-29-2008, 09:41 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Ah, the question is not how much he has lost, for I am sure it is few--but how many he's gained.

If you liked McCain before, you should like him even more as a result of his choice.

If you go from McCain to Obama, you were never a valid Republican to begin with, and I say, don't let the door hit ya!
That is so funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections