U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:29 AM

3,698 posts, read 10,758,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
Why wouldn't he win over conservatives? Palin's record is solidly conservative. More than even Romney's was.
Yep, he's going to win over the people who were going to vote for him anyway.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 11:34 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,681,604 times
No, but it will get out elements of the conservative vote that may have stayed home

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post

Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 AM

1,318 posts, read 2,322,172 times
Quote:
Bingo.

This paralyzes any Democrat from complaining about lack of experience. I'm not a McCain backer, but this was such a smart political move on so many levels. He can appeal to the angry Hillary voters, he can say the Dems have their inexperienced candidate in the wrong place on the ticket, he brings the conservatives back into the fold, he picks the outsider while Obama picks the DC insider, and you just know some fools are going to vote for her because she's attractive.

It was 100% cynical and 100% brilliant.
AND the Obama campaign picking Joe Biden with 25+ years experience is even a stronger ticket. Obama/Biden ticket is Experience meets Vision vs. Bush's Policy meets No Experience. Paralyzing? I THINK NOT! Maybe for the Republicans but certainly not for the Democrats, especially the way the democratic convention went.... PERFECT. I can't wait to see how Grampie McCan't is going to kick off his convention. I will try to help myself from falling asleep just to get a good LAUGH but McCain's "straight talk" to his so called "friends" are a real snoozer!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM

7,987 posts, read 11,976,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
AND the Obama campaign picking Joe Biden with 25+ years experience is even a stronger ticket. Obama/Biden ticket is Experience meets Vision vs. Bush's Policy meets No Experience. Paralyzing? I THINK NOT! Maybe for the Republicans but certainly not for the Democrats, especially the way the democratic convention went.... PERFECT. I can't wait to see how Grampie McCan't is going to kick off his convention. I will try to help myself from falling asleep just to get a good LAUGH but McCain's "straight talk" to his so called "friends" are a real snoozer!
But I thought Obama was about "CHANGE"???? How is picking Biden, who has 30 years in Washington, any type of change? That just isn't change. It is simply more of the same....Washington politics as usual.

Obama's campaign is really fumbling around.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:57 AM

10,599 posts, read 16,192,013 times
Actually it's not true that she has no experience, albeit "different experience".

If you look at two very very successful presidents, Clinton and Reagan, both former Governors, you see their skills enter into their presidency.

Clinton was a successful economic Governor for Arkansas. And economically successful as president. His political skills were and are still unsurpassed today.

Reagan successfully rejuvenated conservatives and gained a significant American following of new conservatives as governor which translated to a national following as President.

Although Palin is not running for President. She has a similar story. She's a proven reformer, worked with D and R, but MOST importantly is an oil expert. This expertise, confidence and smarts DOES cross sect with international knowledge let's not forget. Staring down oil companies and corruption is no different than staring down the idiot Putin. As we saw. Shrub got THAT wrong.

Sometimes the right person comes along when you least expect it.

At least there will be NO MORE LIES told about oil with this woman knowing the truth, that's for sure.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:00 PM

25,643 posts, read 18,736,280 times
Quote:
Source?
//www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...oes-vp-do.html

Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Nope. I am a former Democrat who will NEVER vote for the Marxist Obama. I am enthusiastically McCain - Palin.

And if you think for ONE MINUTE that Palin is some kind of wimp that can't speak her mind and make convincing arguments, ask yourself how she won her "controversial" Alaskan campaign and how she has an 80% approval rating. All the while being known as being a reformer and standing up to oil.

Nope, alot of us are crossing over as you speak.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,666,628 times
McCain is bound to die within the next to years. I can't imagine America under this hockey moms - next thing i know the Russian tanks will be rolling thru Alaska

Old 08-29-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This does not disturb me at all. As any political junkie knows, it's different for each VP.

Gore invented the internet and "reinvented government" (smile) and went to a couple funerals...

Cheney lied to everyone about and orchestrated IRAQ and was little Shrub's shadow president.

Biden will be the new shadow president for the unlikable smug anti-American Marxist Obama, using his ADD skills to run around making the Democrat case for Obama, who can't even pretend to be interested in us "liking him". I'm the type of voter who ENJOYS my politicians' sincerity whether it be real or fake is of no import to me. (my man Bill, my all time favorite).

I totally enjoy Palin's disarming and sincere answer. I'm quite sure she needed to have a functional commitment from McCain as to what her particular role would be.

Mc Cain doesn't need a nanny like Shrub and Obama, he knows his job already.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
McCain is bound to die within the next to years. I can't imagine America under this hockey moms - next thing i know the Russian tanks will be rolling thru Alaska
Yeah, the hockey mom with an 80% approval rating in the state with the most oil issues of all. Yeah, "just a hockey mom".

Isn't it embarrassing to only make a political point by distortion and personal denigrating.

Or perhaps...you don't think the job of parent is important?

Since the Marxist Obama said Iran is a small country and not a threat, good luck with your theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections