Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,325 posts, read 45,151,466 times
Reputation: 7118

Advertisements



Quote:
When she ran for governor in 2006, she ran as an outsider and an agent for change. But she's also an anti-abortion, pro-gun fiscal conservative — something sure to please the Republican base.
This HISTORIC choice of a woman is brilliant. She is a woman who has done it all in her life, balancing marriage, family and work, something which many women will relate to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
 
2,215 posts, read 3,632,504 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post



This HISTORIC choice of a woman is brilliant. She is a woman who has done it all in her life, balancing marriage, family and work, something which many women will relate to.
Totally agree.

She is the REAL American success story!

The other one is a bought off fake one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 12:02 PM
 
Location: New York City
1,836 posts, read 3,196,472 times
Reputation: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Totally agree.

She is the REAL American success story!

The other one is a bought off fake one.
Really, Barak isn't a real Senator. Wow, i never knew.

Palin will help take away your right to choose. period.

I can see the headlines now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,325 posts, read 45,151,466 times
Reputation: 7118
Scare tactics. You're scared, aren't you? I think the realization that this is a brilliant pick is starting to set in. What are the left-wing blogs saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Ohio
826 posts, read 1,632,556 times
Reputation: 244
I'm happy with this choice a lot, she is great...

Far away as washington as you can get.

She knows her next kid has downs syndrome and she will make the right decision to give life rather than take it away from the child

God Bless her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 12:10 PM
 
Location: New York City
1,836 posts, read 3,196,472 times
Reputation: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Scare tactics. You're scared, aren't you? I think the realization that this is a brilliant pick is starting to set in. What are the left-wing blogs saying?
Since when is being pro-life a scare tactic.

It's their platform for goodness sake.

They WILL move to abolish a woman's right to choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 12:14 PM
 
3,695 posts, read 11,419,842 times
Reputation: 2652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Far away as washington as you can get.


Except for Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Wallace, Idaho
3,352 posts, read 6,693,941 times
Reputation: 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Since when is being pro-life a scare tactic.

It's their platform for goodness sake.

They WILL move to abolish a woman's right to choose.
Relax. It'll never happen. They have to say they're pro-life to appease the social conservatives, but it's just lip service to bring in the votes. Roe, as terrible a law as it is (this issue should be decided in the states, by the people), will never get overturned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 PM
 
Location: on a northbound train
478 posts, read 962,911 times
Reputation: 336
What I find pretty funny is most of the Republicans on this board had probably never heard of this woman before this morning. But now all of a sudden.... "Good Pick!!! Way to be McCain!"

Bunch of friggin lap dogs. No wonder this country is so messed up.

And no, I'm not voting for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 PM
 
479 posts, read 883,264 times
Reputation: 96
What if the impossible happens and he gets the chance to appoint conservative judges? Would you be happy with Roe v. Wade being overturned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
Relax. It'll never happen. They have to say they're pro-life to appease the social conservatives, but it's just lip service to bring in the votes. Roe, as terrible a law as it is (this issue should be decided in the states, by the people), will never get overturned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top