Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:52 AM

33 posts, read 101,425 times

Advertisements

I am curious as to what everyone thinks of Senator John McCain's choice for VP. I personally think he did a very good job picking a VP. That's what we need is someone outside of the washington to come in with open eyes, and not be corrupted by washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 05:42 AM

702 posts, read 1,984,079 times
awesome

Old 08-30-2008, 07:10 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
I think that it remains to be seen as to how good of a choice he made. At this point, at least for me, I don't know enough about her and have not seen her in action, so it is hard to judge. But I am willing to give her a chance. The choice is intriguing.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:23 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
I absolutely believe this is the worst choice the Presidential candidate could have made. I do not believe the Governor is ready to be Commander in Chief, in charge of the most complex Economy on the planet, and ready to lead the United States Foreign Policy on the World stage. I don't believe the Governor is ready to lead the Armed Forces or make decision's regarding vital intelligence matters relative to the National Security of the United States.

When it comes down to it this goes directly to the judgment of the person who wishes to be Commander in Chief. The most vital decision he will make is who is the most qualified person in the Nation to represent the United States of America as Commander in Chief should he fall. Senator McCain is telling us - This is the Most Qualified person in the entire US. This is the person in my judgment, who will best represent the United States of America as Commander in Chief and President.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:29 AM

317 posts, read 496,435 times
As far as experience is concerned, McCain already has Obama beat in that category so there is no need for McCain to pick another old guy who has been in politics forever.
This election has been overloaded with senators (McCain, Hillary, Obama, Biden), so somebody with governing experience is appropriate for the running mate position, especially when that governor is a hardcore republican with the highest approval rating in the country.
This is a perfect year to get a female running mate because everybody keeps buzzing about "change". Now the republicans can offer some "change" of their own. I think she is a great pick.

Last edited by dpow; 08-30-2008 at 09:44 AM..

Old 08-30-2008, 09:36 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper720 View Post
I am curious as to what everyone thinks of Senator John McCain's choice for VP. I personally think he did a very good job picking a VP. That's what we need is someone outside of the washington to come in with open eyes, and not be corrupted by washington.
Good. But Alaska is freaking outside USA too

Old 08-30-2008, 09:38 AM

500 posts, read 702,959 times
Obama should GIVE McCain his "Change" message. The more I learn about Obama, the more he sounds like the typical politician.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
I love this choice. She is a younger mirror of McCain. A maverick, if you will. She has made a lot of enemies in Alaska because of this.

McCain/Palin actually walk the walk, while obama gives speeches about walking the walk.

Just look at the media frenzy the last 2 days. Totally knocked obama out of the cycle. Not to mention she has EXCITED the base, which will bring them out in November.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:03 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I love this choice. She is a younger mirror of McCain. A maverick, if you will. She has made a lot of enemies in Alaska because of this.

McCain/Palin actually walk the walk, while obama gives speeches about walking the walk.

Just look at the media frenzy the last 2 days. Totally knocked obama out of the cycle. Not to mention she has EXCITED the base, which will bring them out in November.
I absolutely agree! The long Dem. faces on TV last night put a huge smile on my face. The New York Times reported that Obama and Co. were sure Romney would be the VP and they had a bunch of attack ads ready. This threw them into a tailspin, hahahahahahaha!

And the MSM is totally bummed because they didn't pick her.

The more I read about Palin, the more delighted I become! She's the real deal.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:45 PM

33 posts, read 101,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I absolutely believe this is the worst choice the Presidential candidate could have made. I do not believe the Governor is ready to be Commander in Chief, in charge of the most complex Economy on the planet, and ready to lead the United States Foreign Policy on the World stage. I don't believe the Governor is ready to lead the Armed Forces or make decision's regarding vital intelligence matters relative to the National Security of the United States.

When it comes down to it this goes directly to the judgment of the person who wishes to be Commander in Chief. The most vital decision he will make is who is the most qualified person in the Nation to represent the United States of America as Commander in Chief should he fall. Senator McCain is telling us - This is the Most Qualified person in the entire US. This is the person in my judgment, who will best represent the United States of America as Commander in Chief and President.

When it comes to experience she has 10x more experience than Obama. And he is running for Commander in Chief. So yes I think she is the best for the job. She has actually been elected to office. Obama has never been elected to office. He has only been in the Senate for (count them) 2 years. She has 13 years in office. So again I say she IS the best pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections