Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 AM

646 posts, read 1,639,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
The Plan obama stole from McCain

No because she was Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. As a watchdopg over the oil companies she has first hand knowledge about the energy issues that face our country and many excellent ideas on how to solve them.

She will be destroyed when she debates Joe Biden. Absolutely shredded. She has no experience and also no idea about foreign affairs or anything else important. Can you imagine her getting asked to identify where Pakistan is on a map. Haha, this is going to be great. This is the nail in McCains Presidential coffin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 08:23 AM

375 posts, read 781,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
All cronies bought and paid for by PACs corporations or wealthy slimeballs
Not my fault that this is what the Repub party produces nine times out of ten, or that this is what loyalist Repub voters put into the White House for 8 years, I thought this is what a dyed in the cloth Repub wanted??? I would have listed Dem governors but I didn't want to cause anyone an aneurysm.

So Palin lovers, what happens if McCain kicks the bucket, do you truly think hockey mom has the spine to rep America against the "axis of evil"?

Old 08-30-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
She will be destroyed when she debates Joe Biden. Absolutely shredded. She has no experience and also no idea about foreign affairs or anything else important. Can you imagine her getting asked to identify where Pakistan is on a map. Haha, this is going to be great. This is the nail in McCains Presidential coffin.

Quoted for agreement, in fact I think it was kind of cruel for Mac to put her in this position. She's a pawn.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:27 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
I have no problem with Palin taken the helm should something happen to John. The Geo politcal issues that effect our foreign policy (OIL) are right in her wheel house. Her perspective will be keen and she can get up to speed concering other foriegn policy issues on the fly

like obama did

1,845 posts, read 4,227,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Not my fault that this is what the Repub party produces nine times out of ten, or that this is what loyalist Repub voters put into the White House for 8 years, I thought this is what a dyed in the cloth Repub wanted??? I would have listed Dem governors but I didn't want to cause anyone an aneurysm.

So Palin lovers, what happens if McCain kicks the bucket, do you truly think hockey mom has the spine to rep America against the "axis of evil"?
To get back on point of this thread. Would you even say this if she were a man?

1,969 posts, read 6,389,493 times
Quote:
Quoted for agreement, in fact I think it was kind of cruel for Mac to put her in this position. She's a pawn.
I wonder if the other possible candidates declined. They may have seen the internal polling for McCain and decided it was best to wait until 2012 to run their own presidential runs. McCain's campaign has a very Bob Dole 1996 feel to it- inevitable loss.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:28 AM

The woman I saw yesterday agree to be McCains running mate wont be backing down from crony boy greaseball

Quote:

Old 08-30-2008, 08:29 AM

Question for Bobby - do you think it's appropriate that she tried to get her sister's husband fired from his job? Isn't that an abuse of power?

Old 08-30-2008, 08:30 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,227,902 times
As I said in another thread, if I were a slimy corrupt politician in Washington, I would be more afraid of Palin than the others. Palin cleaned house in Alaska while the others learned to accept it.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
I wonder if the other possible candidates declined. They may have seen the internal polling for McCain and decided it was best to wait until 2012 to run their own presidential runs. McCain's campaign has a very Bob Dole 1996 feel to it- inevitable loss.

The internal polling that has been trending towards McCain for the last three months and had them in a virtual tie before obamas bloated convention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections