Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The more troubliing scenario is that John McCain is old and could perhaps have a massive health issue arise that leaves him unable to govern, then this woman is tasked with running a nation of 300 million people.
If you think she is unqualified, you must really think obama is not even close. She has more experience than he does. She ran a town as mayor and has been a governor of a STATE. Obama has actually worked in the senate about 150 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
The fact that she doesn't seem to have any stated opinions on these very crucial issues more than a little bit concerning.
I'm sure she does, you just haven't heard them.

Obama talks about taking on special interest in DC, talks about it.

She actually did it in her state - what do you think about that?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
pretty women sell everything don't they.
get one for your ad campaign today.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:23 AM

YouTube - Palin on energy, Biden, and national security.

Here's a video on energy. Check it out - she comports herself very well, don't you think?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:24 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If you think she is unqualified, you must really think obama is not even close. She has more experience than he does. She ran a town as mayor and has been a governor of a STATE. Obama has actually worked in the senate about 150 days.

The town she "ran" has a population of less than 6000 and still she left it $20 million in debt. She ran it all right...right into the ground.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 AM

Well, obama ran a foundation of $100 million and utterly failed. Why hasn't obama touted the ONLY executive experience he had?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,860 times
Quote:

I have said before that she seems to be a very capable and efficient Governor, and if I were an Alaskan, I probably would have voted for her, well maybe not but just due to her rather extreme pro-life stance, but aside from that she seems to have done a great job, and I would like her to stay in Alaska and continue doing a great job as Governor. Cleaning up her state's corruption is great, but if she or anyone else thinks that it's even in the same ballpark as cleaning up Washington, I think that's a bit naive.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:38 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:

I think its great and applaud her for it. But I still think she is young and inexperienced.

Obama has an incredible track record and experience with working on both sides of the aisle. His education and knowledge base is far greater than this womans.

Comparing her to him is apples/oranges, but its a side issue, really when comparing her and McCain's stance on Iraq to the foresight in 2002 exhibited by Obama, and that is something Biden cannot attest to.

Only Obama.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Well, obama ran a foundation of $100 million and utterly failed. Why hasn't obama touted the ONLY executive experience he had?
Nonsense. His track record may be thin in comparison to McCain's, but the important value to judge in both men is the kind of decisions they have made in their time.

McCain says hes a "maverick" who voted with Bush 90% of the time. He is into the same failed policies (even more so in some regards) as Bush has been. And his record before Bush is not distinguished, only marked by corruption (Keating 5) and exploits of his temper.

His knowledge of economics? unseen. unknown. And admittedly not deep.

People want change, not more of George W. Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections