Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,566,343 times

Advertisements

Eight years of this is enough!

I cannot wait for some other party's leader to have the wheel to guide this nation into the future. The GOP has proven to me to be a party of the past!... War, Debt, Tax breaks to the rich.

We need Peace, Infrastructure, Affordable Healthcare, Education, a strong dollar and fair levels of taxation upon everyone!

Obama is the man who can deliver that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 10:58 AM

284 posts, read 694,666 times
I am sry i am A republican but i cant stand bush all i have to say is anyone is better than bush and i cant wait

Old 08-30-2008, 10:59 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,531,747 times
I agree who can with a straight face say they are doing better than they were 8 years ago. If McCain gets in it will not change.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:59 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,846,839 times
You mean 16 years? McCain - 8, Palin - 8?

Old 08-30-2008, 11:00 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,940,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
We need Peace, Infrastructure, Affordable Healthcare, Education, a strong dollar and fair levels of taxation upon everyone!

Ron Paul is the man who can deliver that!
Fixed the typo in your post for you.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:00 AM

4,000 posts, read 10,816,518 times
So a fair level of taxation is the rich paying absolutely all of it? They are pretty close already...
Want to get rid of debt? Cancel the bloated gov't programs that gain us nothing, there are plenty to choose from.
What we need is our Federalist Republic back that our founders gave us. Both parties spend like it is monopoly money, usually in the name of pandering to voter blocks.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:03 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,832,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
So a fair level of taxation is the rich paying absolutely all of it? They are pretty close already...
Want to get rid of debt? Cancel the bloated gov't programs that gain us nothing, there are plenty to choose from.
What we need is our Federalist Republic back that our founders gave us. Both parties spend like it is monopoly money, usually in the name of pandering to voter blocks.
No kidding. Republicans need to get back to acting like Republicans instead of acting like Democrats. There's the problem. If Obama gets in, it will be 4 more years of even more bloated government.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,940,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Republicans need to get back to acting like Republicans.
Yet another poster who sounds like Ron Paul.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,566,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Fixed the typo in your post for you.
Rep point for that! Ron Paul

Old 08-30-2008, 11:14 AM

4,000 posts, read 10,816,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I agree who can with a straight face say they are doing better than they were 8 years ago. If McCain gets in it will not change.
Most of the people I know are doing better than they were 8 years ago, or at least 6 years ago after the .com bust recovery. I see this as more a regional issue. The president has a lot less to do with peoples personal finance then they get credit/blamed for. Local and state gov have a much greater hand in it. Democrats have basically ruled the Midwest for the last 50 years, and in general it is turning into an economic wasteland, maybe you should look at them first. I have a lot of family in Ohio, and even with the high unemployment, rock bottom real estate prices, and rising crime rates, they cannot see the forest for the trees. Those in my family that followed our lead and moved to Raleigh are doing quite well. Come check out NC where we have had relatively conservative leadership(repubs and dems) for decades and see the plethura of jobs, positive real estate growth, and low tax rates. It really works when implemented properly(not that it is perfect, but very solid). I am in no way supporting the the out of control spending by the Bush admin. That is not implementing conservatism, but I do want the point made that your local officials have much more control over you personally than the President.

PS- I hope things turn around in Michigan, it is an absolutely beautiful state!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections