Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I totally agree- hit too hard and get called a bully. Go too lightly and miss the chance to expose her ignorance.

I bet ratings for the VP debates will be as high or higher than for Obama/McCain.
Much higher. The people who watch debates already know all about McCain and Obama. But nobody really knows Palin's policies or how she'd react to the hypothetical situations they're sure to bring up. God knows what might come out in the VP debate--I'll know I'll be tuning in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
"You, sir, are no Jack Kennedy." ~ Senator Lloyd Bentsen to Dan Quayle, VP debates 1988

Oh yes. Let's have Biden come up with something original. It wouldn't be the first time he's plaigarized!
I laughed back then and I'll laugh again.

JFK was a known womenizer.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:54 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I totally agree- hit too hard and get called a bully. Go too lightly and miss the chance to expose her ignorance.

I bet ratings for the VP debates will be as high or higher than for Obama/McCain.
I think the burden should be on her to rise to the occasion because if Biden has to back off, it will insulting.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:55 AM

375 posts, read 782,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
The scary thought is Biden doesn't have to die if Obama gets elected President. We'd already have someone with very little experience and obsolutely no Foreign experience.
No scarrier than another 4 more years of Repub rule...the country is dying, do you care????
No Foreign experience? - do your research, but you won't because that would defeat the purpose.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:58 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,071 times
I am worried because either way, some will see it as an offense against her as a woman. I don't know how to he will be able to properly handle the situation, to both expose her as a weak candidate, but still be respectful and not condescending. I am very anxious to see these debates, and to see who the moderator will be.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:00 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
"I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy; Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. You, sir, are no Jack Kennedy." ~ Senator Lloyd Bentsen to Dan Quayle, VP debates 1988

Oh yes. Let's have Biden come up with something original. It wouldn't be the first time he's plaigarized!

I didn't even know a quote like that existed!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:02 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Bring it on, I predict Palin with a TKO in round 2, she knocks what little hair Biden has left into the cheap seats.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:02 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I didn't even know a quote like that existed!
Yep when Bush 1 picked an equally unexperienced young good looking VP.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:05 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,387 times
I was just pointing out that the argument is being made the Palin is a "stand in" for disaffected Dems who were Hillary supporters...and that in no way does Palin measure up to Hillary.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:10 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Exclamation VP Debates: Will Biden have to wear kid glove or will Palin have to put on her boxing gloves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I am curious how people will react to the VP debates. I believe in rising to the challenge so based on previous debates, I expect hard hitting, even cutting debates and have seen them between men and women. Hillary complained about being bullied, but she was fighting to be president of the US and the other leaders in the world do not care if our president is a man or woman, they are not changing their stance. So I want to see all the candidates act like they are debating for the future of our country and be tough. What do you think?
Kid gloves? This is the Most Powerful nation on the Planet. The Greatest Economy and a Military second to none. We put Senator's Obama, Clinton, McCain, Biden, Congressman Ron Paul, Governor Romney, and everyone else through the wringer. Kid Gloves?

lol
Americans don't hire politician's who have been treated with Kid Gloves....My God,

What would Tim Russert say if he were here right Now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections