Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:34 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

The question is not was she married when she had her first child but did she cover up her daughters pregnancy as being her own. I don't fault her for doing that but is this something the party wants being discussed as their convention begins and she is about to be nominated as an unknown? Remember she is very much unknown and the timing of this is not helpful to her or her candidacy. Clearly people were surprised when she said she was pregnant at 7 months and the baby was born premature. Did she ever show pregnancy?

Each individual needs to evaluate but anyone who has worked with teen pregnancy knows that when one is a right to life supporter it presents different choices then for those who are pro choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 01:36 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
Me too. I'm afraid to say anything because it's so much fun watching this. If they seriously want to attack her because she might have been a month or two preggers when she married her hubby in her 20s, the hubby she is still with 20 years later... oh please, continue on!
Do I have the wrong rumor? I thought the rumor was that she's pregnant now. Oh well, either way rumors are dumb.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:37 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Secret's out: Palin pregnant: Top Stories | adn.com
he governor, who recently turned 44, told a handful of reporters as she was leaving work to expect a new member of the first family, then headed to a reception at the Baranof Hotel to feast on king crab.

Palin said she's already about seven months along, with the baby due to arrive in mid-May.

That the pregnancy is so advanced astonished all who heard the news. The governor, a runner who's always been trim, simply doesn't look pregnant.

The part that needs confirmation is if here daughter had really been out of school and out of sight at the time. The rumors began then and had nothing to do with this election.
For someone who is so fixated on reproduction, you don't seem to know much about it, do you?

Fit women often don't "show" until the last few months. I was in my regular clothes until my sixth month. Then I just wore reg. clothes that were a bit baggy. She had her baby prematurely so she didn't even go to full term.

Teenagers have an ultra-low chance of having a baby with Down Syndrome. It's a known risk for women over 40; prenatal testing for Down Syndrome is recommended for older mothers, which she had done so they knew ahead of time.

Why are you trying so hard to smear Palin and now even her daughter? Have you no shame?

Old 08-30-2008, 01:40 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Do I have the wrong rumor? I thought the rumor was that she's pregnant now. Oh well, either way rumors are dumb.
Yes the dopes here can't even keep the rumors straight. Then after you tell them, they just keep on going down the same train of thought.

Because they cannot think of two things at once, it's intellectually too much.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:41 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yes, he has Down's Syndrome and he's a beautiful baby. Are you so low as to trash children with Down's, too? They are the most loving people I have ever encountered.
We had one in the family and he was a severe case of down syndrome, couldn't talk, etc... but was very sweet and he was in a special needs home since he was the last child of 16 children....(this was normal for catholic families back in the days to have many kids...and the risks of having a child with down syndrome was bigger).
In the special needs home the tought him how to dress him self and eat by him self and all the special needs people in the home was like one big happy family.

Sarah Palin's background is amazing to me and her story is IMO even more special than Obama's whining over how hard his childhood was....

Old 08-30-2008, 01:42 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
uH....HELLO?

Try reading S L O W E R

QUOTE:
And at the very same time they are accusing her of never being pregnant, they are bashing her for allegedly being an unfit mother by flying pregnant after her water broke.

http://www.cadenhead.org/workbench/n...nable-judgment

Old 08-30-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
For someone who is so fixated on reproduction, you don't seem to know much about it, do you?

Fit women often don't "show" until the last few months. I was in my regular clothes until my sixth month. Then I just wore reg. clothes that were a bit baggy. She had her baby prematurely so she didn't even go to full term.

Teenagers have an ultra-low chance of having a baby with Down Syndrome. It's a known risk for women over 40; prenatal testing for Down Syndrome is recommended for older mothers, which she had done so they knew ahead of time.

Why are you trying so hard to smear Palin and now even her daughter? Have you no shame?
Yes and I have intelligence. Remember the baby was premature by her timetable which begs the question did she ever show prior to birth. Secondly if her daughter was indeed out of school for months that begs speculation. Now go back to reading is basic and try reading my post again. I linked what was on the web and said the rumors are sweeping the internet. Check the number of links and dispute that? I make no judgement that they are and say debunk the rumors as are country is better off if they aren't now. Use your intelligence and argue with my original post. Yes I have shame and intelligence now use yours and act like you do also.

Notice and try thinking and not just reacting like your buddy McCain I even used a FYI to show it was informational. If FYI stumps you then google it.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Be advised there are rumors and speculation spreading as I type. My wife heard it on a radio news show. I provide a listing of links so you can be informed and know what rightfully or not is being put out. Debunk if you can as our country is better off if not true.

palin pregnancy - Google Search
Now all you non readers try this again and tell me what is so horrible when I say FYI, and call it rumor and speculation that is out there. I provide links and never say I believe it is true. But it is out there and you can deny it if you want but it is out there. Geeez no wonder McCain can get people to support him then are non readers.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:48 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Yes and I have intelligence. Remember the baby was premature by her timetable which begs the question did she ever show prior to birth. Secondly if her daughter was indeed out of school for months that begs speculation. Now go back to reading is basic and try reading my post again. I linked what was on the web and said the rumors are sweeping the internet. Check the number of links and dispute that? I make no judgement that they are and say debunk the rumors as are country is better off if they aren't now. Use your intelligence and argue with my original post. Yes I have shame and intelligence now use yours and act like you do also.

Notice and try thinking and not just reacting like your buddy McCain I even used a FYI to show it was informational. If FYI stumps you then google it.
If you really "have intelligence," you wouldn't be fixated on a female politician's reproductive history. It's irrelevant. Do you fixate on the size of the male candidates' sex organs, too?

Old 08-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
uH....HELLO?

Try reading S L O W E R

QUOTE:
And at the very same time they are accusing her of never being pregnant, they are bashing her for allegedly being an unfit mother by flying pregnant after her water broke.

http://www.cadenhead.org/workbench/n...nable-judgment
Not this thread that is something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections