Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 09:18 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I second that notion. First Obama, now Palin! As a (nearly) old white man myself, I am pleasantly surprised and hopeful about our choices in this election.
Are you nearly old, or nearly white? Just wondering...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
We know she's a good running mate - FOX news said so. They also pointed out that she is an expert at foreign affairs because, after all, Alaska is right beside Russia. I'm not kidding, they really said that. Of course, I don't actually watch FOX news, I just saw the clip of the moronic FOX newscaster saying that about Pallin. No wonder FOX news is the only news channel allowed to be watched in the Bush White House.
You sound like the perfect canidate to start watching FOX, as it's obvious you need an education.. Is Montana air that thin? Come into the real world and vote Republican and be a leader for once...!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Oh gawd! I would LOVE to see Hillary vs. Sarah, ha! Oh, the thought of it. Warms my heart. Hillary would eat her for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You, my friend, are at the wrong diner if you think Hilldabeast would hold a candle to Sarah in a debate. You have a lot to learn, and you are soon going to learn it... Sarah is the real deal, Hill is an old, worn out [mod cut] who's best days are far behind her. In fact, she has never had any good days, she's just a had been, never was...

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-01-2008 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: language

Old 08-31-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
People don't like Palin because she is the "token" woman that McCain selected to solicit votes. That's it in a nutshell.

McCain sold us all out for votes.

Palin may be a nice lady, but she is being used as a pawn and she should go home.

This is just a nightmare. McCain's whole campaign has been a nightmare. Democrats are not running from fear of Palin. Are you kidding? We are just shocked that a man who has repeatedly tried to sell us on the idea that our national security is his #1, has potentially put all of our futures in the hands of someone because of her body parts.

This has got to be just some childish prank. Someone wake me up when it's all over because this can't be for real.
Song chick, sing a prettier song..! Sarah is the winning ticket,,Go for her while you have the chance, be all the woman you can be, and don't be led around by the males in your life, think for your self, as a real woman. You can do it, I know you can, Start today, think for yourself..!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
No. He will lose this election. Unless he cheats somehow and that I believe is a distinct possibility.
WOW..! You are already making excuses for losing..? Good little demo....

Old 08-31-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Because she's an empty skirt running with an empty suit.
No No NO, Peakie, you have your tickets mixed up...! It the dumbo ticket that has the empty suits.. I should have expected a demo would be somewhat confused.... we understand...

Old 08-31-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Beautiful.
Oh Danny Boooyyy, you are beautiful...! Just remember to vote McCain, there is still hope for you... not a lot, but some...

Old 08-31-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfrazzled View Post
Let's put this argument in another context.

Suppose I own a BIG company and am interviewing for my new CEO. This new CEO would take over completely should I be 'incapable', and will have a contract guaranteeing that they cannot be fired during their first 4 years on the job... no matter WHAT they may do or not do. I interview the following applicants (gender irrelvevant!) who all have experience in my company's field :

Applicant A has run their own company for two years. The company was on the smallish side compared to others in the market, and in a less populous area that did not have some of the labor, market-share, and cost of doing business problems that plague the majority of similar companies elsewhere in the country. The company was also a domestic one with no international divisions or business competitors to deal with. The applicant is very personable, attractive, with a lot of energy and get-up-and-go, and expresses strong personal ideas of how a company should be run.

Applicant B has never run their own business but graduated from a major university with an impressive resume. After graduation the applicant chose to work in a community service organization having ties to the kind of business I own. After that, the applicant worked for several years as a junior executive in a large company with many national branches and a large corporate structure to deal with. This applicant has a dynamic personality that is able to motivate and inspire people easily. Although this applicant has never directly interacted with international competitors, their willingness to negotiate and compromise is apparent, as is their willingness to take the advice of more experienced members of the company they have been a part of.

Applicant C has never run their own business but has spent over 20 years in my industry. This applicant has overcome multiple personal and business challenges and is well versed in how to get things done within my industry, and also has many contacts within it. This applicant has a history of negotiating settlements and mergers with competing companies so that usually all parties walk away from the table feeling that they have at least gotten something out of the resolution and not been totally ****ed. This person is a voluble talker who does not always say the 'politically correct' thing, but has a straightforward realistic approach to problems rather than being high-flown and ambiguous when talking about their business approach, philosophy and goals.

Looking at those resumes, I would hire Applicant C because even though they have never actually been a CEO, they have the best chance of GETTING THINGS DONE in my absence (whether it's temporary or permanent!). Their lack of 'executive' experience would not bother me. I would place more weight on their years of real-life experience in a large company in my industry, than on the fact that Applicant A was a CEO for a couple of years in a much smaller one. Applicant A may have proved themself to be very competent but my company's 'stage' is much larger than theirs has been, and I would not risk the possibility that my company who is a major player in the industry worldwide, may end up being run by someone who had only CEO'd a much smaller one.
You're doing it again, people don't read long posts, so shorted them up to a short paragraph.. no one is going to wase time reading long, boring text...

Old 08-31-2008, 09:44 PM

1,416 posts, read 5,599,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You're doing it again, people don't read long posts, so shorted them up to a short paragraph.. no one is going to wase time reading long, boring text...
I hate to break this to you, but most rational adults would much rather read a long well-thought out and articulate text than some inane, arrogant, childish soundbyte.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:46 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,059 times
I am amused at all the folks that would run off a bridge and rush to Palin's defense here pretending to be excited at McCain's idiotic token choice. Of course you are, haha... you don't have a choice. If McCain chose Britney Spears, you'd pretend it was the 'right choice' and be clamoring in here about how smart and experienced she is... no really! Door to door salesman love you because you keep them gamefully employed.

I'd bet my bottom dollar if a poll were put up on here asking which VP candidate(s) would be best suited to John McCain a day before his choice, not a single person out of a couple thousand would mention this obscure Governor's name. Palin Who? But now we all know her on a 1st name basis... hilarious!

But now you'd like to pretend it's genius right... pffffftttt. I would not be surprised if even the neo cons politicians and pundits are laughing at their own supporters this election season... they've already forsaken the 2008 election but if they can keep this satire going on awhile longer, why not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections