Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 09:48 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times

Advertisements

Palin: "What exactly does the vice president do?"

Seriously, I need not comment further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 09:52 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Palin: "What exactly does the vice president do?"

Seriously, I need not comment further.
That's been a joke since, well John Adams as the first VP.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
That's been a joke since, well John Adams as the first VP.
Let's see how much of a joke it is if 72-year-old McCain gets elected and can't finish his term.

You're voting for her just as much as you are for him.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:56 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Let's see how much of a joke it is if 72-year-old McCain gets elected and can't finish his term.

You're voting for her just as much as you are for him.
She is the only one of the four that actually has executive experience. She has run towns and states successfully. The other three haven't run as much as a local school board. And if McCain doesn't live to 76 (big stretch) she won't have to worry about her VP duties.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:00 PM

Because running an Alaskan village and then being the governor of the state for a year and a half is on the same level as being (potentially) the leader of the free world, as it were? I apologize if I'm taking this out of context.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
her face looks cold, callous, and dishonest.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Hm, maybe she'll fit in better than I'm thinking then. I mean, hell, look at who's the VP now.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:18 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Really?

Old 08-31-2008, 10:28 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Really?

Thanks rb4browns

She really IS a pretty lady! TV just doesn't do her justice. Not only is she pretty, she's smart and she isn't afraid to tackle big issues.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:13 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,406 times
Having lived in Alaska for over 21 years prior to returning to the east coast I can't say that I outright dislike Palin, but she really does not have the level of experience at this time for the position she has been nominated for. All the rationalizations about her having "executive" experience and by being commander of the Ak National Guard is meaningless (by the way, today I hit 29 years of military service, half being in the reserve component, before anyone claims I don't know about command in the service). I guess the issue that really surprised me which I have followed well before her nomination involves this supposed investigation over the trooper and her sister with Palin's subsequent handling of the issue. The Commissioner of Public Safety that she originally appointed and now sacked is well known to me and despite the media references to him being such a great and respected individual, well I would have to beg to differ and I know many that would agree. Kind of poetic justice he would lose his job over not terminating this trooper based on the allegations when in fact in his prior position he sacked numerous employees over far less trivial matters and did so not in person, but by using his underlings to accomplish the deed at his order. Alaska does indeed have a serious corruption problem which is not new and I just can't believe Palin just rode in to town to clean it up. She is hooked and linked into it as well. Unfortunately, the attack machine against her is already in full swing with wild assertions and speculation which I don't approve of, but this is part of the nasty side of politics. Again, I don't think she is the right person for the job, but we will sure see how she toughs out the next sixty days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections