Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times

Advertisements

I'm not socially conservative, and she is. That's the important reason. I think she attacked Obama way too much in her speech and came off like a b****. I am a stay at home mom, formerly a working mom, and she does not represent me or what I believe in. I also think she was picked at least in part because she's a woman, and I think that is insulting. No way would I vote for her or anyone else just because she's female or just because she's a mom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 08:36 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
I am indifferent, no feelings about her whatsoever. I'm curious why you only ask this question of democrats, I'm sure there are repubs who disapprove as well.
I've been lookign for a republican who doesn't think she was a good pick and haven't found one, at least not one who will admit it.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:54 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,549,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'm not socially conservative, and she is. That's the important reason. I think she attacked Obama way too much in her speech and came off like a b****. I am a stay at home mom, formerly a working mom, and she does not represent me or what I believe in. I also think she was picked at least in part because she's a woman, and I think that is insulting. No way would I vote for her or anyone else just because she's female or just because she's a mom.

I agree! She certainly was not picked for the "COUNTRY FIRST" theme they are claiming...she is a gimmick and that is not what is best for this country...if he wanted what was best for this country, he would have picked someone who can run the country with knowledge and confidence...she won't even speak to the press on her own...

Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
She doesn't have the experience or education for the job, her religion is very fringe/right wing/extremist, she apparently hasn't traveled outside the country much, she'd push an exteme right wing agenda, she thinks the war in Iraq is supported by God, she'd appoint right-wing judges to the Supreme Court who would overturn Roe v. Wade, she's anti-gay.... need I go on?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,633 times
I don't dislike Palin, I just do not believe she is qualified to be VP and most importantly, her religious beliefs should be left out of politics.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Reasons I do not like Palin? First, she is an uneducated simpleton from some village in Alaska, when I look at a VP, I want someone who is actually smarter than me and hopefully more educated, a journalism degree from U of Idaho is not impressive at all, there are millions of Sarah Pallins out there, even my local news anchor has a better education than hers. Her views on religion are typical of a person who is ignorant and simple minded, any person with a below average IQ would not be part of some wacky ass Evangelical cult like hers. Her views on abortion are from the 1800's, she has absolutely no understanding of Economics, foreign affairs or law. The reason why so many people dislike her is because she is a gimmick. If Mc Cain made Bay Buchanan his VP, I would absolutely respect her although I do not agree with all her views, Palin on the other hand deserves no respect.
Independent that would have voted for McCain here but the above covers a lot of my Palin issues with the exception of the issue of education. Some very intelligent people do not have a great education. Some don't even have a college education. Knowing that I could overlook the issue of education if she'd shown herself to be an intelligent woman who was otherwise up on the issues. She has not shown that on the issues score. A governor, to me, should know just as much about national issues as I do if not a great deal more - which is the case with every other candidate on the ticket, just not her. She falls so far under that level that I find it both scary and disheartening.

It does not help that the first time I ever saw her, she lied to me. The Bridge. Reps can try and spin that any way they want but its still a lie to me; one that Reps would scream lie over if it came out of the Dem party. The continued half truths and misrepresentations steadily chip away at what little remaining leeway I was giving her.

Last but not least is John McCain's age. That cannot be discounted no matter how many times people repeat his mother's age. That leaves the possibility of her taking over which means I then have to look at her intelligence, her education, her experience, and her stance and knowledge on the issues. One can argue she has as much experience as Obama all they want but she dang sure doesn't know the issues. It is possible she'd have to take over the day after he was sworn in. Even if she had 20 years experience that doesn't mean anything to me if she has no idea who the major leaders of the world are and how the political fighting outside of America breaks down or what that fighting then means for us.

I don't believe she knows for a second and it remains to be seen how much they can force into her brain in a few days, weeks and months. Talking points are one thing but the deeper implications of world politics I'm not keen on believing she can learn that quickly. What Palin having to take over for him would possibly mean for the balance of the Supreme Court, is too disturbing to think about.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She's been to Iraq? Prove it.
I can't find any information about her going to Iraq. The only thing I've found is that she just got a passport last year, indicating that she's probably not been anywhere out of the country other than Canada. Rules were changed last year so you have to have a passport to get into Canada, so I suspect that's why she got one.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,826,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I can't find any information about her going to Iraq. The only thing I've found is that she just got a passport last year, indicating that she's probably not been anywhere out of the country other than Canada. Rules were changed last year so you have to have a passport to get into Canada, so I suspect that's why she got one.
She's visited Alaskan National Guard troops sent to Iraq in Kuwait. I believe she's actually spend more time in the Iraq Theater of Ops (Kuwait) than Obama -- all out of true concern, not political theater. Nothing but rave reviews for her handling of the National Guard as governor. . . .

Also visited injured troops in Germany; unlike Obama's decision to ignore when he couldn't turn the visit into a campaign ad.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Kuwait is not Iraq. Kuwait is a separate country. Kuwait was the reason for the first Gulf War. She's never been to Iraq. Never.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:04 AM

10,050 posts, read 14,414,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Democrats...I'm just curious...what is the REAL reason you don't like Sara Palin as John McCain's pick for VP? Is is because she is a Republican, or are you somehow really upset that Obama treated Hillary so badly by not choosing her to run with him as his VP choice? And please don't say it's because she is inexperienced...she isn't running for President!
I dislike her platform because of her strict religious upbringing and involvement with the Pentecostal Church. She is a radical in that respect. She also will not have a friendly gay agenda, whatsoever, and will severely slow progress already being made with gay rights. She's too religious and the temptation to mix that religion with her policy will be there, and most likely happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections