Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:38 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Now Mimmi listen carefully I will help you through this. I can only assume what you are actually talking about, is the GOP not believing that companies should be MANDATED by LAW to give maternity leave! I believe a woman has the right to choose if she wants to stay home or go to work! You know? Pro Choice!
Pro choice? Oh, are you a liberal now? Great. Welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 09:12 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
You tell me where it says that the GOP is in favor of equal rights for women in the workplace.
http://www.nfrw.org/documents/issues/women.PDF (broken link)
You are really reaching, your post,(Originally Posted by mimimomx3
A pleasant, optimistic reformer who should (according to many in her party) be home changing her four year old's diapers??) presumes that many republicans believe woman who have children should not work ! and then you start talking about equal rights for women in the workplace. You have alot of false premises going at once with some real convaluted logic to back them up. Basically what you are really trying to say is that the GOP is not for forcing companies to pay for women to stay home with their chidren, and that some how is violating womens rights?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:30 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
People don't like Palin because she is the "token" woman that McCain selected to solicit votes. That's it in a nutshell.

McCain sold us all out for votes.

Palin may be a nice lady, but she is being used as a pawn and she should go home.

This is just a nightmare. McCain's whole campaign has been a nightmare. Democrats are not running from fear of Palin. Are you kidding? We are just shocked that a man who has repeatedly tried to sell us on the idea that our national security is his #1, has potentially put all of our futures in the hands of someone because of her body parts.

This has got to be just some childish prank. Someone wake me up when it's all over because this can't be for real.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:46 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times
Frankly I don't like the thought of her being only one tiny step away from the #1 spot, and considering McCain's age, that's a very real concern for me. There are other republican women who are much more qualified than her, yet were passed over why? Oh wait that's right, most of them are moderates.

This isn't a game, if she somehow ends taking the #1 spot, how is she going to deal with the Chinese or Russians? They'll lay the smack down on her.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:11 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post

This isn't a game, if she somehow ends taking the #1 spot, how is she going to deal with the Chinese or Russians? They'll lay the smack down on her.
I know how you feel, when I think of Obama as President!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:12 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,234 times
They dont like her because they knew someone like her is who Obama needed on his ticket.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
This is just a nightmare. McCain's whole campaign has been a nightmare. Democrats are not running from fear of Palin. Are you kidding? We are just shocked that a man who has repeatedly tried to sell us on the idea that our national security is his #1, has potentially put all of our futures in the hands of someone because of her body parts.
You sound upset. You're not voting for Mccain regardless of who he picked, why the nightmare?

Oh. I get it. You must think he will win, right?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Frankly I don't like the thought of her being only one tiny step away from the #1 spot, and considering McCain's age, that's a very real concern for me. There are other republican women who are much more qualified than her, yet were passed over why? Oh wait that's right, most of them are moderates.

Did you also feel that way about VP potential Governor Tim Kaine? I don' recall hearing all the vitriol about Kaine. Why? Gender bias?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:58 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You sound upset. You're not voting for Mccain regardless of who he picked, why the nightmare?

Oh. I get it. You must think he will win, right?
No. He will lose this election. Unless he cheats somehow and that I believe is a distinct possibility.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:59 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Democrats...I'm just curious...what is the REAL reason you don't like Sara Palin as John McCain's pick for VP? Is is because she is a Republican, or are you somehow really upset that Obama treated Hillary so badly by not choosing her to run with him as his VP choice? And please don't say it's because she is inexperienced...she isn't running for President!
I never said I didn't like her. Shoot, maybe I would. (But wait, she supported Pat Buchanan, so maybe not.) BUT I don't think she's remotely qualified to be VP, esp w/ an OLD OLD man as president.

I also think it shows what the Right wing of the GOP thinks about women in America - we're just all interchangable. It's a disgusting insult.

It also shows that McCain is not a MAVERICK, but just another politician. Picking someone unqualified and who he met ONCE for his political gain and nothing more. Just who I'd want as commander in chief... not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections