Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:37 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,566,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What's awful about her, Philly? Aside from the fact of couse that she's an evil evil Republican?
She wants to take some more of my rights and the rights of my family away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 06:42 AM

21 posts, read 74,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Only the McBots who know nothing of her support Palin 100%. Even people from her own home town are weary.

washingtonpost.com

"I think John McCain won the state of Alaska but lost the nation," said state Sen. Hollis French, an Anchorage Democrat. "I think her inexperience is going to cause many, many voters to think twice before voting for him."
This is so true. This is exactly how I feel. This was not a smart move for him at all.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:26 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,357,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I'm sure it'll look great next to the rifles and stuffed deer head.

Well, your Obama poster looks great next to your feather boa, wig and heels.

Way to stereotype.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:36 AM

177 posts, read 260,756 times
Palin versus O'bama? No comparison. Palin=VPObama running for President.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:20 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,833,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
She wants to take some more of my rights and the rights of my family away!
What rights does she want to take away? In her one day of being selected VP?

You're a guy, right? So that makes your "rights" sorta limited on abortion since you can prevent pregnancy easily and will never have to make a choice about your personal body.

Anyway, abortions are down to their lowest in three decades so the argument that there is some pent up demand for abortions is not valid imo. And there is no indication that Roe V Wade is under attack.

But really, I respect your opinion. You spent 18 years in Copenhagen right? Were they your formative years? I can understand you thinking. It's a cultural difference.

My opinion is, if you are willing to kill a baby born alive, fine, but after you walk away, the baby is the ward of the state and gets to have medical assistance or at the very least human comfort while it dies.

I can't think of too many other "rights" that she could take away if you are claiming that she'll be president.

Gay Rights - She veto'd a bill to prevent health and retiree benefits to same sex couples
Gun rights - she is pro NRA
Drugs - opposes legalization
Education- she's been misquoted as being for creationism, she has said that IF IT WERE to be debated that BOTH should be discussed. she also said "I won't have religion as a litmus test, or any body's personal opinon of evolution OR creationism".

What rights of yours is she trying to take away more of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections