Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:43 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Yeah, right. We women whom support Barack Obama are all in a dither now and will jump right over to vote for McLame just because he's picked some woman for his running mate. Sorry, another Hillary Clinton she is DEFINITELY not. Not by a long shot. Obama's absolutely correct, McCain and the rest of the GOP good ol' boys just don't get it. What a pathetic political ploy.

By the way, the harsh weather prayed for by Dr. Dobson and buddies at Focus on the Family that was supposed to disrupt Obama's victorious and flawless acceptance speech (on a perfectly clear and beautiful night) - SEEMS to be about ready to rain down on the GOP convention instead.

Gosh, maybe God isn't a Republican after all, Mr. Dobson
Meow.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 11:56 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
[mod cut] she has done nothing except play basketball? She has no accomplishments professionally or academically. Look again. She can't hold a candle to Hillary.
Is this the true measure of a leader? I recently dealt with a Harvard Grad, Harvard Law School Grad, Author, UN Lawyer, Human Rights Watch Lawyer. Lots of accomplishments professionally or academically. She is a very dishonest person and has sold out her integrity just because she can get away with it and somehow feels entitled. I would not even consider letting my kids play with her kids. But many would be blinded by the glitter.

Our society has given entitlements to those with these
accomplishments professionally or academically for too long. An elite class has formed committees, societies, organizations and institutions to sit around giving each other entitlements, accolades and glitter. In the end, it divides those who are real honest people from those who are willing to sacrifice their integrity and spirit to attain accomplishments professionally or academically.

Palin has more accomplishments than you are willing to give her credit for. It is just that your criteria is focused on the superficial
glittery fluff.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:03 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Meow.
Very cute kitty! and you are right.......... Meow hiss hiss........

Old 08-31-2008, 12:03 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Very cute kitty! and you are right.......... Meow hiss hiss........
Is that a liberal kitty or a conservative one?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:11 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Is that a liberal kitty or a conservative one?
Mine are conservative for sure all 4 of them! Haha

Old 08-31-2008, 12:13 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,977 times
Clueless Obama just screwed over millions of women and Hillary too !

So much for the best candidate running!

Its the dems who are clueless, you let the best candidate go home.

Now that is plain stupid!

** My cat my be a conservative, he doesn't run around all over the neighborhood looking for handouts and freebies like he would if he were a democat!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:14 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Mine are conservative for sure all 4 of them! Haha
When my kitty starts expecting me just to feed it when it does no work all day, I say no. It has learned its conservative values. No democratic methodology here.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:12 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Hillary an underacheiver?

McCain will gain a few votes from extremely base minded people who are voting in terms of gender and lose many more who are voting for more intellectual reasons.

He took the low road and it will cost him the election in the end.
Ok, one more time, I'm begging someone to tell me what has Hillary ever done that is supposed to make her such an icon for women?
She graduated from law school, something that hundreds of women do every year. She only got elected Senator because she had the name recognition from being first lady. She's never even had a job where she was successful.
I have no idea whether or not Sarah Palin will prove to be a good choice or not, but I'd rather be in the trenches with Sarah any day.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:40 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Meow.

Really cute kitty! My cat is conservative. She saves her food throughout the day, so she doesn't have to get on food stamps later on.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:45 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Really cute kitty! My cat is conservative. She saves her food throughout the day, so she doesn't have to get on food stamps later on.
I'll bet she sells her Kibbles on the sly in order to buy catnip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections