Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:58 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
2. All we've had thus far are white men, and they haven't exactly done a great job as of late. Time for something new!

Should color matter, will a half colored man make it better just because he's half colored?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 09:00 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Should color matter, will a half colored man make it better just because he's half colored?
Not necessarily, but I think it's time we widened the field. I'm not saying a white person can't do the job, since we have had great Presidents in the past - just time for others to give it a shot. Know what I mean?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:00 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
He's a smart black guy with his head on straight.

It's time black people -- especially young black men -- had someone to look up to besides athletes, rappers and con men.

I'm not a Democrat, but I am an American. And Obama's candidacy makes me proud of my country. (As does McCain's, by the way...)

Old 08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Because, with the exception of his stance on abortion and FISA, I agree with him on every issue. And because, with the exception of his stand on abortion, I disagree with Senator McCain on every issue.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:02 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
spoke out? lol.

Obama only speaks but has no 'record' of changing anything.

I guess you guys are voting for him because he speaks pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
One good reason? Just one?

He spoke out against invading Iraq in 2002, John McCain said we should attack Iraq three months after 9/11.

Good enough?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 PM

365 posts, read 525,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Like I said....one good reason.

C'mon someone....I hope for just one good reason.

Please tell me you're not voting for him because he speaks better than McCain.

He speaks a lot worse than Obama, and Obama refused a 1 on 1 debate with McCain.

Like I say...one good reason they should not have released you from the mental institution is because you weren't ready, and you still don't get it!

C'mon rr02, are you related to McNut? You are and !

Old 08-30-2008, 09:04 PM

19 posts, read 40,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What truly is amazing is that someone has to even ask this question.

YouTube - TPMtv: Dazed and Confused

You go ahead and vote for this guy, I'm voting Obama.
That is way too scary for me! Thanks for sharing that link.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:05 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
1. Plan? Was he successful with the same plans in Illinois?
2. allow? I didn't know Presidents had that power.
3. Read #2
4. Why? I'm sure he's upset about the many soldiers dying but yet the crime rate in Illinois has gotten higher, and he did nothing about that.

Better from what evidence or facts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
He has a plan to fix the budget the Republicans got us in debt

He will allow people to have health care

Make it easier for people to go to college

Isnt stuck in the mindset of Iraq is happy fun land

Instead of asking anyone else why not listen to his speech the other night. Of course you wont because anything other than your views are wrong. Cant embrace anything but what you think is right. Sad, but I will listen to McCain, I know I agree with some of his views. As a whole however I think Obama is better for this country.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 PM

479 posts, read 879,451 times
Glad you are finally using your noggin! Now go and convince all your little bigot friends the same thing as a vote for Obama would be equivalent to the forty acres and a mule your ancestors owe black folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
He's a smart black guy with his head on straight.

It's time black people -- especially young black men -- had someone to look up to besides athletes, rappers and con men.

I'm not a Democrat, but I am an American. And Obama's candidacy makes me proud of my country. (As does McCain's, by the way...)

Old 08-30-2008, 09:08 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
spoke out? lol.

Obama only speaks but has no 'record' of changing anything.

I guess you guys are voting for him because he speaks pretty good.
Why the hell would you ask for people to give you reasons when you are just going to ignore them? Posters have shared dozens of reasons why they support Obama, yet you ignore all that and claim we support him because he speaks pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections