Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:52 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Bush/Cheney and their fed programs have devastated our real estate market. Between our "wars" and the real estate market this administration has CREATED A TON OF BEGGARS.

How many alt a & sub prime loans did the fed guarantee thru freddie mac and fannie mae?? lenders acted UNDER THEIR RULES. how many beggars did this administration create?

THis was predicted years ago. Did Bush offer any reform b4 the crisis? Then the crisis comes and what do they do... THEY BAIL BEAR STEARNS OUT by allowing their Alt a & subprime loans on the feds books to be used as collateral!

HOw many more beggars has this admistrations created with the 4000 murdered soldiers in Iraq and the thousands more maimed?

Between the mortgage mess and our "wars", Bush/Cheney have created a ton of "beggars".

THe assesed valuation on my property has GONE DOWN yet my taxes have GONE UP.

Then McCain comes out and calls them "whiners" and you call Barack a "thief" because he wants to help them.
Jebus H. where to start?

Actually the market was grossly OVERVALUED, I screwed up, I SHOULD have sold 3 summers ago. My mistake, shame on me.

Yup, mortgage companies were in fact handing out money hand over fist, they called me weekly, "wanna open credit line against your equity"? Nope I told them because you DO need to pay it back. Id hate to be my idiot neighbor who bought a Bobcat and large above ground pool on his at 10% on depreciating items.

Yup, mortgage companies also gave ARMS out for some people because it's the only way they could make payment. If one can BARELY afford it now in 2 years when the rate goes up you probably WON'T be able to afford it. Dumb people, huh? Some "probably" went against their better judgment along the line as well. Some probably gave to a minority but knew he wouldn't be able to afford it but with the fear of being set up for a discrimination lawsuit. Bottom line lets not DARE use personal responsibility and think fiscal responsibility. I don't get where the beggars come into this. I see a lot of irresponsibility and an over priced market. 500K in NYC for a row house huh? One might consider moving if they were smart.

Wars? You mean the two pronged things gone on in the ME? Amazing, one from NYC would lie on his back and cower after 9/11. Spit balls won't work, burqa's repel them.

I wouldn't have chosen a LPD, not enough statement but for you it's probably overkill. USS New York • LPD-21 | A ship forged from the steel of the World Trade Center I also glad they didn't commandeer THIS one for NY. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:G...ier_vessel.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 01:00 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
I would not vote for Nobama if he were the only one on the ticket.

He cannot be trusted.

I would rather leave the White House empty then put an empty suit in it!

Old 08-31-2008, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Jebus H. where to start?

Actually the market was grossly OVERVALUED, I screwed up, I SHOULD have sold 3 summers ago. My mistake, shame on me.

Yup, mortgage companies were in fact handing out money hand over fist, they called me weekly, "wanna open credit line against your equity"? Nope I told them because you DO need to pay it back. Id hate to be my idiot neighbor who bought a Bobcat and large above ground pool on his at 10% on depreciating items.

Yup, mortgage companies also gave ARMS out for some people because it's the only way they could make payment. If one can BARELY afford it now in 2 years when the rate goes up you probably WON'T be able to afford it. Dumb people, huh? Some "probably" went against their better judgment along the line as well. Some probably gave to a minority but knew he wouldn't be able to afford it but with the fear of being set up for a discrimination lawsuit. Bottom line lets not DARE use personal responsibility and think fiscal responsibility. I don't get where the beggars come into this. I see a lot of irresponsibility and an over priced market. 500K in NYC for a row house huh? One might consider moving if they were smart.

Wars? You mean the two pronged things gone on in the ME? Amazing, one from NYC would lie on his back and cower after 9/11. Spit balls won't work, burqa's repel them.

I wouldn't have chosen a LPD, not enough statement but for you it's probably overkill. USS New York • LPD-21 | A ship forged from the steel of the World Trade Center I also glad they didn't commandeer THIS one for NY. Image:GW, GHW and Jeb Bush after christening carrier vessel.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do not forget something, Obama has on his staff one of the biggest lenders in the country named Countrywides CEO, when this all went down about bad mortgages and people getting scammed, what did they do, Obama got rid of him real quick is what.

There is a tie between Obama and him, Obama didnt think it would get out but he knew all along what this man was doing to our citizens.

Notice when he talks about mortgages he hesistates? Well, he does it for a reason, he knows he was part of it all and his close friend and staff members was running the scam all along.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:15 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Jebus H. where to start?

I wouldn't have chosen a LPD, not enough statement but for you it's probably overkill. USS New York • LPD-21 | A ship forged from the steel of the World Trade Center I also glad they didn't commandeer THIS one for NY. Image:GW, GHW and Jeb Bush after christening carrier vessel.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I find it funny that you put the real estate disaster squarely on the shoulders of the consumer. are all the indictments going on just a coincidence?

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should never have guaranteed sub prime loans to people who clearly could not afford them. Conventional loans require 10-20 % downpayment PERIOD. you walk in with equity.

Did you know that you could have a very low credit score and you could still get a FHA loan with 97% financing with just 1 day on the job AND get that 3% shortfall in the form of a government grant? oh, and you can roll up to 6% into the loan to pay for closing costs!

Where is the responsibility in lending?

But you know what, we are all paying now.

What does Iraq have to do with 9-11?

Last edited by BK2Westchester; 08-31-2008 at 01:23 AM..

Old 08-31-2008, 01:17 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I would not vote for Nobama if he were the only one on the ticket.

He cannot be trusted.

I would rather leave the White House empty then put an empty suit in it!
stock up on aluminum foil lately?

Old 08-31-2008, 01:17 AM

132 posts, read 390,365 times
Hmm lets see here well first of all whos NObama? Someone the idiotic republicans made up? And second of all you cant be serious to be asking why anyone would be voting for Obama.

1. He wants to end this stupid greedy war.
2. He wants to start at the grassroots to fix our counrty that the republicans have destroyed.
3. He actually seems to care about people having health insurance they can afford.
4. He doesnt seem like a snooty old fart.
5. He didnt pick a ***** to be his Vice President just to get some extra votes from woman and horny old men.
6. He listens to his fellow Americans and can relate to the struggles that alot of us have been through.
7. He will fix the college education budget crisis so that more of our growing children will someday be able to get a good college education.

Need I say more or is that enough for now?? Cuz I can go all night long buddy. Anyone else have anything else to add to this?

Old 08-31-2008, 01:20 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
\

I find it funny that you put the real estate disaster squarely on the shoulders of the consumer. are all the indictments going on just a coincidence?

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should never have guaranteed sub prime loans to people who clearly could not afford them. Conventional loans require 10-20 % downpayment PERIOD. you walk in with equity.

Did you know that you could have a very low credit score and you could still get a FHA loan with 97% financing with just 1 day on the job AND get that 3% shortfall in the form of a government grant?

Where is the responsibility in lending?

But you know what, we are all paying now.

What does Iraq have to do with 9-11?

Did I mention Iraq specifically?

The RE rules were in place well before Bush, this would have happened years before if there wasn't the dot com bubble that Bubba inherited and 9/11 disaster.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamama View Post
Hmm lets see here well first of all whos NObama? Someone the idiotic republicans made up? And second of all you cant be serious to be asking why anyone would be voting for Obama.

1. He wants to end this stupid greedy war.
2. He wants to start at the grassroots to fix our counrty that the republicans have destroyed.
3. He actually seems to care about people having health insurance they can afford.
4. He doesnt seem like a snooty old fart.
5. He didnt pick a ***** to be his Vice President just to get some extra votes from woman and horny old men.
6. He listens to his fellow Americans and can relate to the struggles that alot of us have been through.
7. He will fix the college education budget crisis so that more of our growing children will someday be able to get a good college education.

Need I say more or is that enough for now?? Cuz I can go all night long buddy. Anyone else have anything else to add to this?

Still no answers on how?

Wake up, your having a bad dream.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:24 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
I would suggest for you to get a copy of "How to Increase Your Brainpower". Then maybe you can figure out why!

Old 08-31-2008, 01:30 AM

132 posts, read 390,365 times
Wow Sunshine... why would you ask me how when IM not the one running, maybe you should read up and do a little bit of research and find out for yourself! And maybe you should ask yourself, how is Mccain going to do all the things that he is "promising"???? What a waste of air...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections