Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:55 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times

Advertisements

Comes with her own mooseburger, mini NRA card, and LIP GLOSS!

Wowzie!

Sorry - I am bitter.

This was such an insult to all women of our country.... McCain has lost all of my respect. (He actually had it - a little - before he became the presumtpive nominee...)

On a more serious note, loved the article about missing the real McCain in the current issue of the Economist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it wasn't an insult to me. I'm still learning about her and haven't found anything to insult me yet.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:04 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post

Wowzie!

Sorry - I am bitter.

This was such an insult to all women of our country.... McCain has lost all of my respect. (He actually had it - a little - before he became the presumtpive nominee...)

On a more serious note, loved the article about missing the real McCain in the current issue of the Economist.
Just goes to show that diversity really is only skin deep. Indeed as Obama is applauded primarily because he is African American since his own resume is light, the claws are out on all the angry kitties who hate Palin because she dares to think differently then the feminist establishment. Meow!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it wasn't an insult to me. I'm still learning about her and haven't found anything to insult me yet.
I guess some women feel that women are interchangable. Too bad. Well, GOP women.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
Quote:
I guess some women feel that women are interchangable. Too bad. Well, GOP women.

Now where did you pull that bull out of?

Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Just goes to show that diversity really is only skin deep. Indeed as Obama is applauded primarily because he is African American since his own resume is light, the claws are out on all the angry kitties who hate Palin because she dares to think differently then the feminist establishment. Meow!
NYET.

See, as I've pointed out time and time again...

PRES is an ELECTED position. So the millions of voters who voted for Obama (not all because he's part African-American, I'm rather certain) put him in his position.

VP is APPOINTED. It should be someone you feel is qualified... but McCain chose to be the political cad he is (after pretending to be Mr. Maverick) but putting anywoman in for political purposes.

As I've also said time and time again... she is far from the best qualified GOP WOMAN. But clearly he'd rather have window dressing that will have no voice should he (God forbid) win. So we couldn't put anyone worthy there....

KEEP DRINKING THE KOOL AID REPS.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:09 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
Quote:

Wowzie!

Sorry - I am bitter.

Well, those of you who were insulted (and would have been by any pick McCain would have made) probably were voting for Obama anyways, so I tell you that YOU DONT MATTER. Its the undecideds that matter.

And, as I have said, the only insult to women is that Obama passed up someone so qualified and so strong as Hillary Clinton and went with a flaming, angry, divisive liberal instead. That is an insult.

It was also insulting how he just expected "women to come back to the Democratic party if you give them time" like they are angry children or something.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:11 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
Quote:
NYET.

PRES is an ELECTED position. So the millions of voters who voted for Obama (not all because he's part African-American, I'm rather certain) put him in his position.

VP is APPOINTED. It should be someone you feel is qualified... but McCain chose to be the political cad he is (after pretending to be Mr. Maverick) but putting anywoman in for political purposes.

As I've also said time and time again... she is far from the best qualified GOP WOMAN. But clearly he'd rather have window dressing that will have no voice should he (God forbid) win. So we couldn't put anyone worthy there....

He was ONLY elected because he was African American. Had he been white, Hillary and him would have split the black vote 50-50, and the election would have tipped in her favor by almost 1,000,000 votes. But, since Obama was black, blacks voted for him at a rate of 91-3 tipping the election in his favor.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
I feel empowered by this choice -- that someone recognizes the value, intelligence, and accomplishments of a middle-class woman with a blue-collar background. That you don't have to be wealthy, have an Ivy League degree or famous last name to achieve great things in this country. Isn't that what America is supposed to be all about?

Casting her as a "doll" says a whole lot more about you than it does about her.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:16 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
NYET.

You aren't making sense. McCain made a choice and the voters made a choice. The Dems chose a guy who is far from being the most qualified candidate for president. There's no way a white guy with his lightweight resume would be where he is. He got here because of the color of his skin, not because of his tremndous accomplishments as a "community organizer," Illinois state legislator or 2 years of doing nothing as a US Senator.

And please, the idea that there is something wrong with a politician making a political choice in a political election is ridiculous. Obama chose Biden because he thought he gives him the best chance of being elected. That's what politicians do when they are running for office. They do things to get elected.

What really is driving the cattiness against Palin is that she is a woman who doesn't tow the feminist party line. If this was about experience and qualification to be President the same critiques apply to Obama. Meow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections