Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
She's only empty because that pastor exorcised all the witch out of her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
She'll never be ready. Not by a long shot.

I agree not by long shot however it is still up to Biden to show he knows and she does not.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:00 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
All the repugs on this forum continue to post old crap...

OLD is for sure.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Palin is indeed impressive but not all impressions are favorable. This one certainly is not as far as I am concerned. AFAC she is not even qualified to be head of her local PTA let alone the resource rich state of Alaska.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:05 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Default I know it will never happen, but what would you think about a bipartisan co-presidential ticket?

I really don't see what good it does to elect one party or the other, and then switch back again in 4 or 8 or 12 years. Whatever one party feels they accomplished is wiped out by the next party. I would like to see each party choose their nominee, and then instead of president and vice president, we could have copresidents, and everyone would feel like they were represented. They would have no choice but to work together. I guess if the copresidents couldn't agree on some issue there would have to be someone or a group of people who could be the tiebreaker.

I dunno, I think we had an unprecedented economonic boon that came as a result of the Reagan admnistration (although a lot of it was seen during the Clinton administration, it was a result of what Reagan did). Then Clinton gets in and does something different, and it changes the economics. But on the other hand, Clinton says he created a budget surplus. Then Bush gets in and does something different again, and we again have a deficit.

It just seems like it will continue forever on a back and forth course. The only way to avoid that is to have a monarchy, which we obviously don't want, or to have co-presidents and both parties have to work together. I kind of like what Sarah Palin talks about, thought - giving the power back to the people and reminding our representatives that they work for US. I for one am tired of bailouts and lobbyists and pork barrel and all these people spending OUR money without our consent.

EDIT - well, this was supposed to be a new thread; I don't know how I ended up sticking it in the middle of THIS thread...

Old 09-26-2008, 12:07 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
The date on the article is August 30th, a lot has changed since that was written.

Sure has!

Like a financial meltdown.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:11 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I really don't see what good it does to elect one party or the other, and then switch back again in 4 or 8 or 12 years. Whatever one party feels they accomplished is wiped out by the next party. I would like to see each party choose their nominee, and then instead of president and vice president, we could have copresidents, and everyone would feel like they were represented. They would have no choice but to work together. I guess if the copresidents couldn't agree on some issue there would have to be someone or a group of people who could be the tiebreaker.

I dunno, I think we had an unprecedented economonic boon that came as a result of the Reagan admnistration (although a lot of it was seen during the Clinton administration, it was a result of what Reagan did). Then Clinton gets in and does something different, and it changes the economics. But on the other hand, Clinton says he created a budget surplus. Then Bush gets in and does something different again, and we again have a deficit.

It just seems like it will continue forever on a back and forth course. The only way to avoid that is to have a monarchy, which we obviously don't want, or to have co-presidents and both parties have to work together. I kind of like what Sarah Palin talks about, thought - giving the power back to the people and reminding our representatives that they work for US. I for one am tired of bailouts and lobbyists and pork barrel and all these people spending OUR money without our consent.
1. The two political parties have no interest in what is best for you. They only serve to distract us from the issues with petty fighting over things that have no basis in government.

2. The economic boom/bust cycle is a condition of Keynesian economic theory. The Federal Reserve can manipulate growth with artificially low interest rates and excessive amounts of currency. That's what we're seeing now with the crisis that Congress is working to avert. Regardless of which party seems to be responsible, neither is talking about the root cause of this cycle, which is the monetary system.

3. Until the American people wake up and realize that we are simply pawns in this farce they call a government, nothing will change. Lobbyists have more power and control than any one individual citizen. Our votes only serve to enable them to keep power because we often see the other party as the evil ones.

George Washington warned us in his farewell address about political parties. We've had other founders warned us about centralized banking. It's not part of the history we are taught in school because it would require us to be taught critical thinking as well.

One quote I always like to remind people of goes something like this: Give me control of a nation's banking system and I care not who makes the laws.

The past 3 weeks have been like watching Atlas Shrugged in real life.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
She still hasn't blinked.

It's the botox

Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
1. The two political parties have no interest in what is best for you. They only serve to distract us from the issues with petty fighting over things that have no basis in government.

2. The economic boom/bust cycle is a condition of Keynesian economic theory. The Federal Reserve can manipulate growth with artificially low interest rates and excessive amounts of currency. That's what we're seeing now with the crisis that Congress is working to avert. Regardless of which party seems to be responsible, neither is talking about the root cause of this cycle, which is the monetary system.

3. Until the American people wake up and realize that we are simply pawns in this farce they call a government, nothing will change. Lobbyists have more power and control than any one individual citizen. Our votes only serve to enable them to keep power because we often see the other party as the evil ones.

George Washington warned us in his farewell address about political parties. We've had other founders warned us about centralized banking. It's not part of the history we are taught in school because it would require us to be taught critical thinking as well.

One quote I always like to remind people of goes something like this: Give me control of a nation's banking system and I care not who makes the laws.

The past 3 weeks have been like watching Atlas Shrugged in real life.
Great post. I am inclined to agree with you. Especially after this disgraceful election year. Our government is outdated, ruled by greed and has become further and further removed from the concerns of average Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections