Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:57 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Right.. the terrible economic situation since the Democrats have taken over Congress..

p.s. your posting was my point.. The ONLY people here concerned about a female being picked are Democrats... Not one criticizsm based upon substance, just sex..
Because he wasn't kowtowing to republican woman.. duh!! He's Kowtowing to independent AND democratic female votes thinking that simply becasue she's a femal we'll elect him!!! Adn the Republicans know this..

I'm happy a woman is in the VP seat... just upset at the reason she is there to begin with.. and I've said it before.. I'd rather have NO woman be the VP this time around then one from the wrong side of the fence.

As to the economics.. it wasn't toolong ago that the dems took over in congress.. the mess fothe Bush administration was already on the course to where it is today..... the Republicans.. destroyed the economy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 11:19 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Default Ready to be Commander-in-Chief

Quote:
Am I the only one who finds it funny that its the Democrats and Females upset because McCain picked a female for VP?
Most Democrats do appear to be more upset with young Palin's selection than Republicans over old Biden. It appears that John McCain has not only stolen the Democrats' thunder regarding issues of sexism but also has shown he is the one who supports real change in Washington. I had been very reluctant to support McCain but this selection shows me he is extremely astute to the need to reunite the GOP in order to win this election.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Read my posts. I'm not repeating myself for the 20th time.
your not repeating yourself for the 20th time, then dont post nonsense on 20 different threads..

Old 08-31-2008, 06:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Republicans put into power the first female for supreme court
Republicans put into power the first black for Chairman Joint Chief of staff
Republicans put into power the first black and female for Secretary of State
Republicans hope to put into power the first female vp.

What other firsts have they done?

What first exist for the Democrats?
They did manage to nominate a black presidential candidate, but, as of this point, nomination does not = success.. we can see successes of the Republicans, what successes have the Democrats put on.. (and dont say Pelosi, thats nothing but a complete failure)

Last edited by pghquest; 08-31-2008 at 06:35 PM..

Old 09-02-2008, 09:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Republicans put into power the first female for supreme court
Republicans put into power the first black for Chairman Joint Chief of staff
Republicans put into power the first black and female for Secretary of State
Republicans hope to put into power the first female vp.

What other firsts have they done?

What first exist for the Democrats?
They did manage to nominate a black presidential candidate, but, as of this point, nomination does not = success.. we can see successes of the Republicans, what successes have the Democrats put on.. (and dont say Pelosi, thats nothing but a complete failure)

You must have stumped on this one!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:17 PM

571 posts, read 1,303,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
While I disagree, you do have a plausible argument on his possible motivations. (Although being attractive is irrelevant.)
Thank you! Finally. If one more person, regardless of party, says "Sarah Palin is so freaking HOT!" then I am going to throw up. Let the woman take credit for her accomplishments-because you think she does a good job, not because she is "hot."

Old 09-02-2008, 09:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I haven't read the responses, but I can give you my POV as a woman and a Democrat.

Yes, I'm disgusted at the pubs' pick of a woman. Why? Because it just drives home how the GOP really does feel about the average American woman. "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh no, like, we like, lost Hillary. Now what will we do? Oh, wait! There's, like, someone else with ovaries, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and did you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE her shoes? Pull the R lever, pull the R lever! Hurry, I'm almost late for my nail appointment."

Yes, we're REALLY all going to switch parties because one is half estrogen. Oh my God. The GOP will never change. An ol' boys' club that picked a nobody female politician from the ends of the earth (or at least the beyond the ends of the continent) to make her grateful enough to be a Good Girl for McCain and whatever he wants. And at the same time...YAY, ALL the ex-Hillary supporters will go for this, well, other woman. Because, we're, you know. That stupid. Kind of like switching a dog's dirty toy for a cleaner one that isn't the same shape but, hell, it's still a toy and how smart is a dog anyway?

The whole thing makes me ill.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:29 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I haven't read the responses, but I can give you my POV as a woman and a Democrat.

Yes, I'm disgusted at the pubs' pick of a woman. Why? Because it just drives home how the GOP really does feel about the average American woman. "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh no, like, we like, lost Hillary. Now what will we do? Oh, wait! There's, like, someone else with ovaries, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and did you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE her shoes? Pull the R lever, pull the R lever! Hurry, I'm almost late for my nail appointment."

Yes, we're REALLY all going to switch parties because one is half estrogen. Oh my God. The GOP will never change. An ol' boys' club that picked a nobody female politician from the ends of the earth (or at least the beyond the ends of the continent) to make her grateful enough to be a Good Girl for McCain and whatever he wants. And at the same time...YAY, ALL the ex-Hillary supporters will go for this, well, other woman. Because, we're, you know. That stupid. Kind of like switching a dog's dirty toy for a cleaner one that isn't the same shape but, hell, it's still a toy and how smart is a dog anyway?

The whole thing makes me ill.
Why would you assume it's about you?

Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Why would you assume it's about you?
Classic...this is ironic and awesome. I wasn't a Hillary supporter.

Seems you're doing some assuming of your own.

What it's obviously about is the GOP's erroneous view that most U.S. women MUST have been Hillary supporters (oh, please) and therefore, sticking another politician with a vagina in there will "sop up" all the ex-Hillary supporters.

Which I kinda thought I'd made clear.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who finds it funny that its the Democrats and Females upset because McCain picked a female for VP?

Are there any Republicans wanting to hold back women and minorities like the Democrats here have been expressing?
I havent seen one Republican here criticize the VP choice due to sex, but I think every single posting here from the Democrats involve the fact that she is a female.
Very few criticism postings here is due to her policies, all about her sex.

If your a Democrat, whats the issue with a female VP?
It cant be because the Democrats just lost their blah blah blah accusations about Republicans discriminate against minorities, or can it?
I find it hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections