Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 10:20 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Today's column from the Sunday NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/op...nted=2&_r=1&hp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 10:21 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

NYT = Liberal rag.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:37 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
mpbsr wrote;
Quote:
NYT = Liberal rag

Wow are you ever living in the past and sniffing too many fumes from the tailpipes of the cars sporting "W" bumper stickers. This would be the same NYT that had such "liberals" as Judith Miller pumping the war with "inside" information and the editors who even though they should've known they were being used, lapped it up. The same NYT that allows Bill Cristol to continue to spout his already proven wrong c**p about Iraq, Iran and the middle east.

When I see posts like yours I immediately think, "if that's the best you've got you must not know how to form a thought, or reason for yourself".

Perhaps you could explain just why you think Frank Rich is wrong in his column. Or did the chattering classes NOT constantly say that the Clintons would sabotage Obama? Can you point to any untruths in the column? If you're not going to read, study and think for yourself you're pretty certain to vote for McCain because you believe he's a "maverick", who continued to tell Bush to fire Rumsfeld.

golfgod

Old 08-31-2008, 10:40 AM

646 posts, read 1,639,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
NYT = Liberal rag.

Prove to me with links and evidence of a liberal bias????

Not opinions, but examples of the "overwhelming" evidence of liberal bias in the NYT?

You can't because its just not true. Its just another republican slogan that has no basis. Because they do real reporting and provide information to people Republicans go nuts over it. God forbid the American people become educated and know the realities of Iraq, Bush, etc etc.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:41 AM

375 posts, read 782,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
mpbsr wrote; .

Wow are you ever living in the past and sniffing too many fumes from the tailpipes of the cars sporting "W" bumper stickers. This would be the same NYT that had such "liberals" as Judith Miller pumping the war with "inside" information and the editors who even though they should've known they were being used, lapped it up. The same NYT that allows Bill Cristol to continue to spout his already proven wrong c**p about Iraq, Iran and the middle east.

When I see posts like yours I immediately think, "if that's the best you've got you must not know how to form a thought, or reason for yourself".

Perhaps you could explain just why you think Frank Rich is wrong in his column. Or did the chattering classes NOT constantly say that the Clintons would sabotage Obama? Can you point to any untruths in the column? If you're not going to read, study and think for yourself you're pretty certain to vote for McCain because you believe he's a "maverick", who continued to tell Bush to fire Rumsfeld.

golfgod
Points for you for the reality check.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:21 AM

26 posts, read 44,656 times

The two Great Partisan Divides combine to suggest that, if history is a guide, an Obama victory in November would lead to faster economic growth with less inequality, while a McCain victory would lead to slower economic growth with more inequality. Which part of the Obama menu don’t you like?

Old 08-31-2008, 01:06 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Interesting article, thanks for posting. I especially liked this part:

Despite our repeated attempts to see this election through the prism of those of recent and not-so-recent memory, it keeps defying the templates.

Last week’s convention couldn’t be turned into a replay of the 1960s no matter how hard the press tried to sell the die-hard Hillary supporters as reincarnations of past rebel factions, from the Dixiecrats to the antiwar left.

Far from being a descendant of 1968, the 2008 Democratic gathering was the first in memory that actually kept promptly to its schedule and avoided ludicrous P.C. pandering to every constituency.

Yes, it is time to step away from the 60's and realize this election has to be about what's going on in the world today.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:11 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Yes, it is time to step away from the 60's and realize this election has to be about what's going on in the world today.
Republicans: I don't really care if one of the candidates was tortured during the Viet Nam War. I'm sorry that happened to him, but I don't really care. And democrats: I don't really care that it's the anniversary of MLK's speech. It's interesting, I guess, but I don't really care.

It's time to let go of the 60's. It was a long, long time ago and the world is a very different place today. That's what matters.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:40 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Excellent!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections