Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 04:35 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,902 times

Advertisements

lol, total classy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 06:12 PM

382 posts, read 589,863 times
Wow.... How sad. This women has no morals or ethics. How about that PUMA

Old 08-31-2008, 10:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,916 times
Again, where does the video even mention that Green is a cancer survivor? The radio people said that she[Green] was a CANCER on the state government. Obviously the utube poster went to the Times[NY & LA], CBS and NBC school of honest journalism.

Last edited by jmjr; 08-31-2008 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: mispell

Old 08-31-2008, 10:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Palin and McCain are weird people, we do not need them in the white house.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:59 PM

229 posts, read 348,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well I am a cancer survivor. Non hodgkins lymphoma Type T non-typical.
I have laughed at cancer jokes. I still do when they are funny.
I work in a factory and hear women call other women a Bi&ct all the time so what. So McCain laughed? So what...
Lets try to pick out some things that matter.
Biden called our troops nazi storm troopers. I don't hear anyone bringing that up.
Obama??? Can't say much about him because before the election no one ever heard of him. Now he is some great savior. He claims to have helped the cause of Autism. Well this parent of an autistic child hasn't seen any real changes and guess what neither has any of the other parents I know.
Biden and Obama love their Pork programs. This woman actually shot down a pork program that was the biggest of all. The bridge to nowhere. I doubt Biden has ever seen pork he wouldn't support. That is unles it was meant to help our troops.
This is slightly different. Actions speak louder than words. This goes toward determining the suitability of a candidate. I would call this fairly important as it is an indicator of character or rather lack thereof. This is what matters. Not the garbage and promises every politician spews out of their mouth and never keeps. I would have to believe that someone of this character would care less what the American people feel about certain issues. It is, although forgotten by many, a politician's job to listen to the people, not the other way around.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:03 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Unbelievable

YouTube - GOP VP pick Sarah Palin laughs at cancer surviving senator being called a "*****"

wow not only is that terrible that she would laugh at something like that but it doesnt seem presidential to laugh it that word like some school kid.

What video? I don't see anything!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:07 PM

229 posts, read 348,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I can not wait for NOV!!!
when Obama loses BIG!!
This is not necessarily directed at yourself, but your comment really made me feel the need to speak. I wonder how anyone can believe a word that comes out of any politician's mouth, Republican or Democrat, anymore. Please look back on history. Every one, without fail, either glaringly lied, was glaringly hypocritical, or more commonly, a combination of both. It should not be about these politicians. Aren't "We the people" supposed to be running this country and making decisions. This could never happen. Unless you have a great deal of money, you have no chance in politics, period. I fail to see how someone with this kind of wealth is necessarily in touch enough with the so-called common people to represent us. In my opinion, the very idea of telling anyone what they can or can not do with their life or bodies, so long as it does not hurt anyone else, is a disgusting corruption of morals and has no place in the world. As people gradually relinquished responsibility for their own actions, this horrible government(not just the present one, more the idea) gained the ability to tell others what to do. If you want protection, protect yourself. If you wish to take care of yourself, do so. Why is it necessary to have a group of people telling me what I can and can not do? The news I have seen lately tells me that these people are more screwed up than I could ever be. My apologies for the rant, but this has been a quite obvious and overlooked fact for quite some time. People are opposed to Anarchy as they feel that everyone will just annhilate everyone. There are people like myself and others who have morals enough to help out when we see someone in need. People can take care of each other without the mess we have today.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:09 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicotti View Post
This is slightly different. Actions speak louder than words. This goes toward determining the suitability of a candidate. I would call this fairly important as it is an indicator of character or rather lack thereof. This is what matters. Not the garbage and promises every politician spews out of their mouth and never keeps. I would have to believe that someone of this character would care less what the American people feel about certain issues. It is, although forgotten by many, a politician's job to listen to the people, not the other way around.
What are you people talking about? Lyda Green is the State Senate President DEMOCRAT who has been after Palin in the political area. In PUBLIC.

She was on NIGHTLINE the other night trashing Palin.

Grow up. And stop the mouthing off about things you don't even bother to investigate. It took me 10 seconds to find it.

If she has any freaking CANCER nobody even seems to know anything about it.

Dopes.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:10 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
Syn, The link has a pink bar across the top saying that the video is not currently available. Something about a third party copyright issue.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:13 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
The verbatim sorta is on the thread towards the front it was two morning zoo jocks who called her a b and said she needs to get out.

Then Palin did one laugh like you see on any other night show like Stewart or Leno when they say stupid stuff and she says "no". then they talk small talk...nothing about Green.

Lyda Green had made a public statement that she was going to "get out" because of Palin's popularity.

That was the shocking disgraceful Sarah Palin as these dopes would have you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections