Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 01:47 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,904,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
The last thing we need is another shady VP.
I am seeing a trend developing in the many post that are questioning the Palin selection. They are not debunking the statements being made but in fact are attacking the posters for bringing them up and accusing them of being desperate. If someone presents video from a Anchorage newscast or paper that is negative. Then present one from there that refutes and debunks. Don't just argue and attack the poster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 02:36 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,233,703 times
Default Strength or dishonesty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
There are some inconsistancy in what Palin has said and what she has done in the controversy in Alaska where she is under a probe investigation for misuse of power

YouTube - GOVENOR Sarah Palin From Alaska under investigation

My guess is that this will carry the same, or less, weight as Obama's association with the America-hating Pastor Wright. In fact, it may reveal a strength in Palin that her youthful appearance seems to hide.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:44 PM

11,292 posts, read 16,575,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
My guess is that this will carry the same, or less, weight as Obama's association with the America-hating Pastor Wright. In fact, it may reveal a strength in Palin that her youthful appearance seems to hide.
Bingo....I would rather have her as VP, then Obama who sat through 20 years of Wrights sermons hating the white man and the USA.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:55 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,055,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I just so confused.

Bad preacher = abuse of power.

As the father, I have no doubts about the "strength" of a teenage girl. What I do have doubts about is the how judgement and immaturity can cloud the mind of even the strongest of wills. Using your strength to fire a highly regarded public servant because he would not violate the policies and laws of the state that he is sworn to uphold raises serious questions regarding one's judgement and maturity.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:38 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,099,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
so you are saying the news segment is fake? I guess someone faked Palin's voice. get real LOL
Did you see the comments about the story, here by Doug?

Old 08-31-2008, 05:40 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,099,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Get over it.
The dream is over!!
I wouldn't be so defeatist about this, if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections