Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm sure the Obamaphiles will have a "religious experience" over it. Heh, my gift to them, I suppose.

But the rest of us who haven't drunk the Kool Aid will find the sight of a host of celebs praying to Obama creepy. See how many religious images you can count and we'll discuss!

YouTube - American Prayer - Dave Stewart (Barack Obama Music Video)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 09:08 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Hollyweird.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:16 PM

Did you watch it, southernnature? What was your favorite image? I'm torn between the dude with the dreadlocks who strikes a crucifixion pose and the dude who played Idi Amin saying, "We are the church you can't see!"

Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,905,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, I'm sure the Obamaphiles will have a "religious experience" over it. Heh, my gift to them, I suppose.

But the rest of us who haven't drunk the Kool Aid will find the sight of a host of celebs praying to Obama creepy. See how many religious images you can count and we'll discuss!

Yeah I had to shut it off when Whoopi showed up. Phoney. Michelle Obama on the View and Whoopi punks out and doesnt ask a single question about Rev Wright and goes into this LONG DRAWN OUT analysis of if she said "proud of my country" or "this proud of my country" completely ignoring that she said it a couple times and once each way. You could tell, even Michelle Obama wanted her to change the topic, enough already.

THEN Whoopi insults Black women anyway saying every one on TV has no teeth and how happy to see classy Michelle representing. Poor Obama just gave her a polite smile like WTF is wrong with you saying that on TV? LOL

THEN we have the Whoopi argument on the view yelling at dopey Elizabeth that she needs to understand that it's just a cultural requirement that she use the N word all the time and about Elizabeth needs to explain it to her three year old. But don't you dare say it or I'll be really mad, but don't get mad at ME for saying it in front of your children because, really, it's very necessary that I express myself whether you want your three year old to hear it or not.....On and On the N word for the week. Until we all wanted to puke.

But it's the Republicans race baiting, yeah sure.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:06 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
I used to think Forrest Whitaker was a normal guy! SAD! A bunch of phony, meaningless, symbolism! Who was the dancing brunette chick?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:15 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,561 times
I could only take about 2 1/2 minutes of it. Did you notice someone painting a house in NOLA? Now, do we waste money to rebuild it AGAIN? Blame the French for building it BELOW SL.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:33 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,452,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I used to think Forrest Whitaker was a normal guy! SAD! A bunch of phony, meaningless, symbolism! Who was the dancing brunette chick?
I think it was Sheryl Crow. Anyone else want to strap in and watch all 5:39 of this vid and verify this?

I'll tell you, G.K. Chesterton once said, "When men and women cease to believe in God, they don't believe in nothing, they believe in anything." This is just sad to watch Whoopi, Barry Manilow and these other celebrities engage in this religious experience with Obama apparently as their chosen lord and savior. Obviously I would like to see McCain and Palin win, and I'm just giddy at the thought of Palin as our next Vice President. But one of God's commandments is "You shall put no other gods before Me." These people in this video are going to be crushed if and when McCain wins in November. I mean CRUSHED. If Obama wins, I'll be very disappointed, but life is going to go on! God is not going to abandon us--even as Obama abandoned Hillary and kicked her to the curb after the primaries.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:59 PM

I'm not sure what Sheryl Crow looks like these days, LOL.

northbayeric,
Yep, I think it's really sad, too. Who in their right mind would venerate a politician for meaning in their lives? This video is so over-the-top, so overt in its religious symbolism that you can't miss their message -- this guy is the savior.

What disturbs me even more is that Obama KNOWS these portrayals and images are out there and he lets them continue, doing nothing to stop it. Does he feed off the adoration and deification? Is this all some ego-trip for him? And if, God forbid, he is elected, what happens when reality hits, the job is difficult, no one is adoring him anymore and all of the rock star rallies are over? Does he hand off the real work to others and just maintain a Glorious and Revered Leader image?

Old 08-30-2008, 11:00 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,955,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post

Didnt' watch the video - but the only Kool Aid drinkers I see on this site are the folks saying Palin is a "superb" choice.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Didnt' watch the video - but the only Kool Aid drinkers I see on this site are the folks saying Palin is a "superb" choice.
You need to watch the video. That's the whole point. It has nothing to do with Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections