Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:47 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Average Harvard Law graduate starting salary is over $150,000
Welcome to Student Financial Services
Loan repayment statistics show that graduates working in private sector jobs (where the average starting salary for 2007 Harvard Law School graduates is over $150,000) are comfortably able to repay even a significant education debt, and that the percentage of income devoted to loan repayment declines over time as annual income increases
Good. Catch up. He was not a Harvard or any other law school grad in the mid 80's. He didnt even go to law school till 88 and graduated in 91. What does 2007 have to do with anything????

Stop wasting your googles that arent related to the discussion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 04:35 PM

503 posts, read 937,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
I'd love to as soon as you reconcile a couple of points.

Not letting the government run our lives.

It seems to me that not letting a woman, even in the case of rape or incest choose whether or not to carry to term is not exactly case of the government allowing an individual to run their life.

It seems to me that not letting two adults to join in a stable and lasting relationship as spousal partners is a case of the government not letting individuals run their lives.

It seems to me that a Party which would embroil the Congress of the United States in the diagnosis of a brain dead patient isn't a case of the government allowing individuals to run their lives.

Now if you can help me out on this one.

"not teaching we were created by a big bang"

You are demanding that the government pay to teach 1 century fairy tales while decrying government waste? You want the government to expend tax payer dollars to teach a purely religious based mythology when our country is lagging behind the rest of the world in science and technological education.

Fascinating.

1. It does not matter whether raped or not a women should never have the right to infringe on the babies right, and murder it.

2. This country was founded on morals and gay partnership is immoral therefore not supported by the government. A line has to be drawn or everything would be excepted and that would lead to big problems(Father/daughters, mothers/sons, brother/sisters and even people/animals).

3. I cant answer for the congress and I dont agree with that either, and as far as the congress getting involved in health issues like that, that is not what we put them there for.

4. As far as creation/evolution, they should teach both or none at all. No man was there at the beginning and so both sides are beliefs.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:44 AM

26 posts, read 48,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
1. It does not matter whether raped or not a women should never have the right to infringe on the babies right, and murder it.

2. This country was founded on morals and gay partnership is immoral therefore not supported by the government. A line has to be drawn or everything would be excepted and that would lead to big problems(Father/daughters, mothers/sons, brother/sisters and even people/animals).

You actually sicken me. Are you a male by any chance? It is none of your damn business what a woman decides to do with regard to her body and the decision she makes which will affect the whole of her life.

IMO ending a pregnancy is more moral than bringing an unwanted child into this world. There are far too many unwanted, neglected children in this world. I think a child would rather not be born than have to face a life of abandonment or neglect. Unwanted children, through no fault of their own, can destroy families.

I think we should be acknowledging and applauding women who are not creating these troubled people in the first place.

With regard to point no. 2. - Show a little compassion. Isn't love one of the greatest things in the world? Surely to find true love should be celebrated. Whether it is be a man and woman or 2 men/ 2 women. And why on earth would that then lead to incest????? or bestiality????? Incest is usually sexual abuse. Bestiality (zoophilia) is animal abuse. Homosexuality is not abuse!!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
She is a politician......isn't that the definition of a liar?

Old 09-04-2008, 04:56 AM

26 posts, read 48,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
4. As far as creation/evolution, they should teach both or none at all. No man was there at the beginning and so both sides are beliefs.
Do you realize that outside the United States there is virtually no serious debate on this matter??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections