Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:24 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,339,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
It seems that nothing good is going for the Republicans:
1] Looks like the convention is going to be a "washout" compliments of Hurricane Gustav.
2] The Republican reaction to Governor Palin is less than enthusiastic.
3]McCain is considered "outside" the GOP establishment.
4]President Bush & VP Cheney have canceled appearances.
5] FEMA isn't prepared for the hurricane [believe it or not].
6] Religious Right think God is punishing somebody [still haven't figure out that God is punishing them
7] Hurricane has stopped oil production in Gulf that will send gas prices back over $4 a gallon
8] Nation is still dazzled over Obama convention

Could it get any worse?
I just keep thinking what it will mean to the Democratic Party if the GOP takes the WH under these incredible circumstances. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 03:25 PM

132 posts, read 390,209 times
Default Uh Bud...

Maybe you shouldnt jump to conclusions. I was only saying god bless america because we do not need another republican in office!! I wasnt talking about natural disasters or economy or anything like that, so why dont you stop putting words in my mouth ok?

Old 08-31-2008, 03:25 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamama View Post
Yayy actually it couldnt get any better!! This is a true sign that the republicans need to be finished. God Bless America.
Obama/Biden
I though democrats didn't believe in God.

Aren't you the same ones the want "In God We Trust" taken off of our money?

Old 08-31-2008, 03:26 PM

826 posts, read 1,624,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
It seems that nothing good is going for the Republicans:
1] Looks like the convention is going to be a "washout" compliments of Hurricane Gustav.
2] The Republican reaction to Governor Palin is less than enthusiastic.
3]McCain is considered "outside" the GOP establishment.
4]President Bush & VP Cheney have canceled appearances.
5] FEMA isn't prepared for the hurricane [believe it or not].
6] Religious Right think God is punishing somebody [still haven't figure out that God is punishing them
7] Hurricane has stopped oil production in Gulf that will send gas prices back over $4 a gallon
8] Nation is still dazzled over Obama convention

Could it get any worse?
The Republican reaction is less than enthusiastic?? Are you joking???? EVERYONE likes her..in fact this whole forum is filled with posts about it. And the nation is dazzled over Obama convention?? No one has even talked about that since Palin has been announced. As far as God punishing the republicans..that is just stupid..why am I wasting my time..go hide in your little hole again please.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:30 PM

132 posts, read 390,209 times
Default Excuse me?

Uh for one how do you know I dont believe in God, for two there are millions of people who dont believe in God, and three Im not the one tying to take in God we trust off of the bills. Whats up with people jumping to conclusions today? Silly republicans... Oh by the way IM CATHOLIC!!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 03:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Happ; You're READING the wrong info - don't look for how the republicans/conservative feel about Palin from kook-left-wing blogs.

The Fighter Pilot and the Moose Hunter by Lisa Schiffren, City Journal 31 August 2008
Sarah Palin: conservatives find the girl of their dreams - Times Online
Let Palin Be Palin
Palin electrifies conservative base - Politico.com Print View

Just a FEW of the articles out there. No doubt, the Base is enthused.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:38 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,579,859 times
Its worse folks. McCain uses Palin as a token. Well here you have it folks. We now know that the sole reason for McCain picking Palin was to lure angry Clinton voters. Quote from FOX News

"Sources close to McCain told FOXNews.com on condition of anonymity that the campaign hopes to capture former Clinton supporters still disheartened over her loss to Barack Obama. But while Palin is an anti-abortion Republican, Clinton is an abortion-rights supporting Democrat"

Old 08-31-2008, 03:41 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Its worse folks. McCain uses Palin as a token. Well here you have it folks. We now know that the sole reason for McCain picking Palin was to lure angry Clinton voters. Quote from FOX News

"Sources close to McCain told FOXNews.com on condition of anonymity that the campaign hopes to capture former Clinton supporters still disheartened over her loss to Barack Obama. But while Palin is an anti-abortion Republican, Clinton is an abortion-rights supporting Democrat"
You dont really expect us to take anything from faux news serious, do you?

Old 08-31-2008, 03:42 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,273 times
The Republicans have the ability to turn this into one of the greatest and most unconventional conventions in the history of Conventions, and I hope it goes down like that.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:42 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
God Bless America? It couldn't get any better? Are you for real?
We have an America that supports abortion, and outlawing prayer in the schools, courts, and public places? Our country will be, and is, under severe judgement of God. I can see more huge hurricanes, more tornadoes, tsunamis, volcanoes, more earthquakes, more forest fires, more war, more foreign countries hating us, worsening economy, one disaster after another after another. God to bless us? I don't think so. As a country, we have turned out back on Him...

Bud
Isn't it weird how God keeps sending hurricanes and tornadoes to the bible belt year after year, but neglected to send major earthquakes to the gay liberal states for some time now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections