Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:07 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,580,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
No response Dems?

<crickets, crickets>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 07:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,528,890 times
I think for me is that I didn't need Obama to go to MIssissippi to do anything right now as what could he really do. I also and I may have missed it haven't seen him on television giving some speach . I know he is doing what he can behind the scence. It shouldn't be campaigning or self serving. We all know where these two go they represent election. Right now we don't need that. I'm sure that these people will take help from all parties and all people. I think the post who things all Obama supporters are welfare people is really a sad person. I guess the other night when he gave that speach over 80,000 people where just welfare people bussed in. I think ou are just wanting to attack people not for what they say but who you think they are. Who do you know here. I'm typing away with my feelings or ideas and you don't know me. I do know this after anything that happens in America we all come together just lke 911 just like Katrina and we will again and it will not matter who you will vote for. That is what we do as Americans.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:26 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,953,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I just got diagnosed with lymphoma, which means I don't have a lot of energy. But we have to make the drive anyway--I didn't find out about my condition until after I'd already gotten out here. I guess my point is, even a person like me can help out. I may not be able to fill sand bags but I can deliver things.
I'm really sorry to read about your diagnosis. Prayers that you have good doctors and care and that you achieve a full recovery.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,844,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I'm really sorry to read about your diagnosis. Prayers that you have good doctors and care and that you achieve a full recovery.
Thank you. It's scary to have something like this happen in the middle of a long vacation, but life is full of surprises, isn't it. I could have done without this particular surprise but I'm still glad we made the trip out here. I always wanted to attend a national convention, and I had a great time. The odds are I won't get another chance, so I'm glad I took the opportunity when I could.

And now I'm in a position to help out in an emergency--and maybe this sounds corny but getting out there and actually doing something is a lot better than sitting on my couch being mad at the world. We hope to be part of a delivery caravan being organized by a local church, dropping our delivery in Arkansas. That doesn't change our drive home all that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections