Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:42 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
See, he has you fooled..! He is going to take every cent you ever make so the poo will have a good life they didn't earn.. that's how he gets votes, fool the easily fooled...
Nope, not fooled...do some research concerning the figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 07:48 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
how many of us have a 401k? sorry, end of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
How many of us make more than 500k on a sale of our house? How many of us have homes even valued at 500k? Oh...I forgot about all of McCain's middle-class buddies that aren't quite making 5 million and can't be classified as rich.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:50 PM

sorry, you lose. keep up with those personal insult attempts though. see what happens then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
You should to go a ranked university. Maybe then it'll make sense.

Better yet, do your research, kid.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:54 PM

Yes, but... It is not an increase in taxation for those that buy stocks through 401K’s or IRA’s because increases in valuations for those securities were never exposed to capital gains taxes. The taxation rate for money withdrawn from 401K’s by retirees would be taxed at ordinary income rates which could be as low as 15%.
Washington Wire - WSJ.com : Obama, McCain Spar Over Economy

Old 08-31-2008, 07:55 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
sorry, you lose. keep up with those personal insult attempts though. see what happens then.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feeeelingss. Yes Obama got A's because he's black. You get automatic 50% extra credit thanks to affirmative action. There, there, you win.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:55 PM

14 posts, read 184,329 times
Default Obama's Speech was the best speech ever given

Obama's speech was real, honest, he told it how it really is and what he intends to do to clean up "the mess the Republicans made of the USA". He will be our next President of the USA!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:56 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:
How many of us make more than 500k on a sale of our house? How many of us have homes even valued at 500k? Oh...I forgot about all of McCain's middle-class buddies that aren't quite making 5 million and can't be classified as rich.
SEE, this is what makes people dislike Democrats especially in this election.

You are taking on the smug arrogant persona of the Marxist Anti American Obama with the sarcasm. A flippant remark that bears no resemblance to reality.

You know perfectly well from watching Saddleback that it was a joke. You know perfectly well that McCain gave a very different answer.

But of course, just like 20 years with Rev Wright, Obama really never HEARD him say the real answer and is running around acting like he believes that was a serious answer.

You guys are betting on your ignorant demographic who has no clue of truth versus Obama lies to pull you through this election. Lies and the promise of more free government benefits coming from the taxpayers that pay the MOST.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Where do you live..? $500K is a shack that you wouldn't live in, in California...!! No wonder your a demo...
I'm not a "demo"...

and the average house price in this country is around 215K
http://www.realestateabc.com/outlook/overall.htm

Old 08-31-2008, 08:11 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,181 times
I have a few modest properties that I used for rentals back in Michigan. One is almost sold and I hope I can get rid of the others before obama tries to gouge me on capital gains. Im bustin my arse as hard as I can to get these properties in to shape (and willing to sell at bottom dollar in an already tough market) just in case the worst thing that could happen to this country and obama is elected.

The house I lived in will be the only one exempt from CGs and its not like im rich, just hard working middle class trying to protect my financial future

Old 08-31-2008, 08:12 PM

or perhaps we could use the obama strategy and pass the global poverty act. you know, the bill that gives money to dictators yet allows our american cities to burn. good bammy.

Quote:
As opposed to McCain bankrupting the whole country by continuing to borrow from China to pay for a war we shouldn't be fighting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections