Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:38 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,692,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why do you think it pisses me off? I'm not at all upset with his selection.

I just dont understand how she is the best qualified to step in for him and find it great theater to see how they can explain it.

Did you hear McCain on FOX? Said he had been folowing her career for "years and years", he followed her as Mayor of Wasilia Alaska?

Wow, he is a political junkie
Do you really want to get into the experience debate, when the top of your ticket has a man that has been campaigning for president for his entire "political carrer" (if you can even call it that because he was elected to represent people in IL and he hasnt done a darn thing but ignore them since he entered office)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 PM

826 posts, read 1,623,191 times
Sarah Palin has done more in ONE MONTH IN ALASKA than Obama has done in his 143 some odd days as a senator.

Obama SPOKE of change and he choose a washington insider..he can take that change and flush it down the toilet. Right where it belongs. And hopefully it won't be unclogged come 2012, 2018..etc etc.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Do you really want to get into the experience debate, when the top of your ticket has a man that has been campaigning for president for his entire "political carrer" (if you can even call it that because he was elected to represent people in IL and he hasnt done a darn thing but ignore them since he entered office)?
You seem to ignore his qualifications of what he did BEFORE going from the Illinois Senate to the U.S. Senate, one of those positions which require ALOT more political knowledge than being elected Governor of Alaska, the least populated state in the nation. A pro wrestler was elected Gov. of Minnesota. Strange things have happened. And, she has been at it for only 20 MONTHS.

Is she a Harvard Graduate? Does she have 30 years experience in foreign policy?

No, but she was Mayor a few years ago of a town of 8000 people.

Riiiiiiight.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Sarah Palin has done more in ONE MONTH IN ALASKA than Obama has done in his 143 some odd days as a senator.

Obama SPOKE of change and he choose a washington insider..he can take that change and flush it down the toilet. Right where it belongs. And hopefully it won't be unclogged come 2012, 2018..etc etc.
If so, you likely dont know what she did, do you?

Thats what I thought

Old 08-31-2008, 07:46 PM

15,445 posts, read 21,289,268 times
Default The greater of evils - privately-owned or government-owned business?

Quote:
but if McCain were to croak, the corporatist's and neo-fascists who have held sway under Bush/Cheney would be presented with someone clueless enough to be told exactly what to do, just like Bush has been.

So, in this regard, I believe the move was also calculated to set the stage or regaining full control of government if John were to somehow fall out of favor.

If he becomes President I suggest he hire a food taster.
From what I know about Sarah Palin, I would trust her over McCain to keep corporations and fascists at bay. So far I would say she is doing an excellent job at keeping the rabid leftists at bay and from what I see that seems a greater possibility.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:47 PM

826 posts, read 1,623,191 times
Quote:
If so, you likely dont know what she did, do you?

Thats what I thought
Throughout her term she has done many things just as passing reforms, standing up to big oil companies, helping to create energy independance.

Obama has mopped a floor or two. And gave a speech or two I think.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:48 PM

9,882 posts, read 10,799,145 times
Quote:
I believe that there is something sinister in the choice of Palin, and its not just because they chose a political novice with little or no record and almost no experience outside of running Alaska for a mere 20 months, either.

While no way would McCain's handlers sacrifice him losing votes with their choice (clearly after the blue collar voters, women, and low information types with this selection of Palin) but if McCain were to croak, the corporatist's and neo-fascists who have held sway under Bush/Cheney would be presented with someone clueless enough to be told exactly what to do, just like Bush has been.

So, in this regard, I believe the move was also calculated to set the stage or regaining full control of government if John were to somehow fall out of favor.

If he becomes President I suggest he hire a food taster.
Either you are Trolling or
you are a paranoid idiot!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:49 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,692,651 times
Quote:
You seem to ignore his qualifications of what he did BEFORE going from the Illinois Senate to the U.S. Senate, one of those positions which require ALOT more political knowledge than being elected Governor of Alaska, the least populated state in the nation. A pro wrestler was elected Gov. of Minnesota. Strange things have happened. And, she has been at it for only 20 MONTHS.

Is she a Harvard Graduate? Does she have 30 years experience in foreign policy?

No, but she was Mayor a few years ago of a town of 8000 people.

Riiiiiiight.
30 years of foreign policy experience.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Throughout her term she has done many things just as passing reforms, standing up to big oil companies, helping to create energy independance.

Obama has mopped a floor or two. And gave a speech or two I think.
Of course she has. A real fighter againsty corruption (which has always ruled in Alaska, but she's different!) as well as a hunter, a hockey mom, and soon to be foreign policy expert and constitutional law scholar, too!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Either you are Trolling or
you are a paranoid idiot!
Coming from you, thats kind of funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections