U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 09:36 AM

41,313 posts, read 41,448,636 times

Advertisements

Joe Trippi: Don't LOL At Sarah Palin, Democrats Risk Letting Their Guard Down By Dismissing McCain's VP Choice, CBS News Consultant Says - CBS News

Quote:
The McCain/Palin duo will challenge Barack Obama’s claim of “a new kind of politics” and chastise Obama and Democratic vice presidential Nominee, Joe Biden, for their “silence” in taking on corruption in their own party in Illinois, Delaware and Washington, DC.

The McCain campaign intends to claim that “more of the same” in Washington means Barack Obama and Joe Biden and will make the argument that if you want to “shake things up” then McCain and his reform minded running mate from Alaska will get the job done.

My initial reaction was that in picking Palin, McCain had taken away the argument that Barack Obama wasn’t ready to be president. I now think my initial assessment on that score was wrong. Over time, the McCain team will insinuate that if you think a first-term Governor isn’t ready for the number 2 slot, are your really sure that a first-term Senator is ready for the number 1 spot
I'm impressed Joe. You get it. How refreshing - a thinking, logical democrat that can look past his own bias and see the truth and the danger Palin presents to the dem ticket.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 09:40 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,158,337 times
The question is can you look past your own bias and see the truth and the danger Palin presents to McCain?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:01 AM

5,276 posts, read 7,538,776 times
Trippi makes some good points. I like Joe Trippi. Unfortunately, he always backs the losers on the dem side.
Clip from referenced article:
There are flaws in all these arguments. There is McCain’s own brush with corruption as a member of the Keating Five, as the country was wracked by the savings and loan scandal.

And Barack Obama has withstood the pressure of 19 months in the limelight as he secured the Democratic nomination, and proved he can handle the pressure--Sarah Palin has not.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:08 AM

6,213 posts, read 6,856,203 times
I can't believe Trippi didnt include the ineptitude in Lansing, MI and the corruption and scandals in Detroit also.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:08 AM

25,734 posts, read 16,687,910 times
Default Palin was for the "Bridge to Nowhere"

Well, the actual salt of this woman is not about how she can smile for the cameras and wave like a parade queen, its about what is her record? We know she has not done much at all, which is a huge plus for any Republican, considering their track record in governing (abysmal) versus their public image (appealing if you are an idiot)

But what about this woman's decision making?

She is running as a "maverick" who fights corruption, but it seems she had to have second thoughts on pork barrel spending. It's not fair to label her a flip flopper on this bridge, really, as it would be a tough call to turn down federal money for capital improvements, but when you run for VP on the fact you OPPOSED something you intially SUPPORTED, it calls into question your real values and philosophy.

But, of course, like those fairy tale WMD, the Repugs will create something out of nothing and she will become Wonder Woman to their supporters

Quote:
But prominent Alaska Democrats said Palin supported the bridge while campaigning for governor and reversed course only after vocal opposition from fiscal conservatives in Washington, including McCain.

"She was the only candidate who was saying, 'We're going to build that bridge,' " said former governor Tony Knowles (D), who lost to Palin in the 2006 general election. "She's taking a position now which certainly wasn't what it was when she was campaigning."
washingtonpost.com

Old 09-01-2008, 10:33 AM

6,213 posts, read 6,856,203 times
[quote=odanny;5079306]Well, the actual salt of this woman is not about how she can smile for the cameras and wave like a parade queen, its about what is her record? QUOTE]

What does this have to do with Trippi telling his party to be careful?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:40 AM

10,599 posts, read 15,614,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Joe Trippi: Don't LOL At Sarah Palin, Democrats Risk Letting Their Guard Down By Dismissing McCain's VP Choice, CBS News Consultant Says - CBS News

I'm impressed Joe. You get it. How refreshing - a thinking, logical democrat that can look past his own bias and see the truth and the danger Palin presents to the dem ticket.
Well of course he's absolutely right. Biden the ultimate insider, who was the main lobbyist for the Bankruptcy reform bill that made it harder for Americans to file for relief....and upheld the credit card companies rights to predatory lending. Because the credit card companies are in Delaware.

THEN OBAMA states in his Messiah event now is the time for Bankruptcy reform.

Either two faced or dumb. I think two faced. Everybody knew about that bill and only Biden voted for it not even Obama voted for it. So he knows. But he's betting that the public is too stupid to know. And yes, they are apathetic and don't pay attention.

Good question. What makes a first term Senator who spent 140 days in the job before running for Pres......better than a first term Governor.

The answer has nothing to do with hair, hobbies, kids or getting your college education from the Pageant as if pageants are like being a drug dealer or some other bad thing.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:18 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,372,307 times
Liberals are scared, but inside they are lying even to themselves about this.

They see the warning but do not have the guts to admit to it.

Even for me, if Obama had chose Hillary I think it would be all over.

Now, I think it is all over for Nobama.

Don't toss away your lifetime pass on Amtrak Joe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections