U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 09:47 AM

41,306 posts, read 42,838,743 times

Advertisements

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Sarah Palin vs. Barack Obama

Even though SHE is on the bottom of one ticket and obama is on the top, the contrast and comparison of experience is hilarious.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 09:50 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,272,709 times
Palin has had NO national government experience and Obama does. Obama is more in touch with the people, Palin is in her Alaskan bubble and has no clue about whats going on in the rest of the world

Old 09-01-2008, 09:53 AM

2,062 posts, read 6,384,490 times
Default obama lacks experience

I disagree, Palin by far is the more experienced as far as running a country. How long was mr obama in the senate again? Hmm not much experience there!

Obama is more in touch with Louis Farrakhan & Rev Wright then he is with this country.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:55 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,510,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Palin has had NO national government experience and Obama does. Obama is more in touch with the people, Palin is in her Alaskan bubble and has no clue about whats going on in the rest of the world
On the flip side, she's got repubicans, democrats, and independants in her cabinet while he's just been named the most liberal senator of 2007.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:02 AM

6,761 posts, read 11,125,792 times
Yes, I'm curious how Obama is gonna change the partisanship of this country when he is a straight down the line liberal on his voting record.

Lol, I got a kick out the one regarding Obama makes executive decisions regarding his campaign staff. Thats pretty much the extent of his "executive" experience.

I'm still hoping an Obamaniac could answer my question that keeps getting ignored:

DO STATE GOVERNORS GET TO VOTE PRESENT WHEN A TOUGH ISSUE COMES BEFORE THEM?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:03 AM

7,137 posts, read 13,998,421 times
Quote:

Neither Palin or Obama have the requisite experience. This is a tit for tat game Obama and McCain are playing, with our country and with our lives. And I for one am on edge with their foolhardy, laissez faire attitudes. I will take exception though to Obama being "in touch" with people. He is not, nor will he ever be. As a supreme narcissist, he is not capable. He is a fake, a phony, a "player" in the big game of politics (think Chicago). He makes a good visual presentation and can make a good speech. That is the sum total of his abilities. Palin on the other hand is very affable and personable, she oozes care and concern for people and love of country. Cannot be denied.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:06 AM

32,527 posts, read 15,476,612 times
Obama is an empty suit. What has he accomplished? What legislation has he introduced? He was in the Senate one year when he began running for President. Most of his experience is as a "community organizer". Isn't that what Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson call themselves? Basically race baiters for personal gain.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,381,074 times
Quote:
143 days of being a Senator (counting the time the Senate has been in session) is not exactly something to to crow about. Keep grasping at those straws though, it certainly sounds like you have at least convinced yourself they mean something.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:53 PM

474 posts, read 571,821 times
Let me be Sarah for a moment...in debate with Obama!

You never had a contested race...is it true you knocked off your opponents by challenging signatures on nomination papers?

How many days have you been in the Congress: Physically? I think the answer might be the same number of days you have been campaigning for President>

You and michelle have presented yourselves as a stunning success, right from the streets of Chicago. If so, why would you want to change a country that gave you that opportunity?

Everytime you are confronted with having socialized with a bad character, Ayres, Wright et cetera, you reply, "He was not the man I knew." You mean you chum with people you don't know much about? How will you judge Putin and the rest of that crew?

Obama You and your campaigners have derided McCain for not remembering how many homes he and his wife own. You, on the other hand, couldn't remember how many states our homes are in. 57 states? Twice you have said that? Must have learned that in Indonesia or Kenya.

Why can't we see your adoption papers, dates et cetera. Are you willing to place your hand on a Bible and say you never were adopted in Indonesia. What about your father's non divorce to your mother. Does that mean she was an unwed mother like Sarah Palin's daughter?

What about your college costs. Who paid? Don't fudge now, the whole cost. Where did you get spending money to attend high school in Hawaii? did you worki?

Where did you sign up for Selective Service?

Enough for now.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:58 PM

474 posts, read 571,821 times
One of my friends told me her sister from New York called and said (about the Palin thing) "I WAS GOING TO VOTE FOR MCCAIN ANYWAY, NOW I WILL LIKE DOING IT.'

NICE BUMPER STICKER, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections