Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:12 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times

Advertisements

Olbermann is a cheap knockoff wannabe of Edward R. Murrow.

I lost all respect for him during the Democratic primaries.

It's almost like he's play-acting like a crazy commentator a la Stephen Colbert...... only the Colbert Report is funny on purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,669,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
The only ratings Oberman get's come's from evoking fox news. The guy is the epitome of a " Raging Partisan Hack ", In another country he would have his genitles sewed to his tongue with dirty fishing line! Hannity does sound like a broken record and is very annoying when he talks over his guest's, but at least he has his fact's straight. I dont think anyone could win a debate with Oberman , because they would not be able to refrain from removing his throat through that smug smirk on his metro sexual face before the debate was over!
Watch your mouth now...such utter nonsense!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:16 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
I love Rush!

I don't like Rush as a person, or his delivery. But if one can get past his "shortcomings" on the presentation, I agree with much of what he has to say. And think he knows politics and the can key in on the vast corruption involved with politicians in general.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:18 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Olbermann is a cheap knockoff wannabe of Edward R. Murrow.

I lost all respect for him during the Democratic primaries.

It's almost like he's play-acting like a crazy commentator a la Stephen Colbert...... only the Colbert Report is funny on purpose.

When I first saw this loser, I though he WAS a Colbert wannabe. And was surprised he was on a major network as a newscaster. Too hilarious!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,894,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Beautifully said!
WRONG, but beautifully said.... He spent a lot of time and energy typing to no avail. He is just WRONG. You agree with him, that makes you wrong, also....

Old 09-01-2008, 12:35 PM

194 posts, read 325,916 times
"Olbermann speaks facts and truths. He truly cares and voices that which is right. He doesn't seek popularity or ratings, but rather that which is important to everyone. He does not push to persuade his opinions on people, but rather he states the facts.
I like him because: he is not self-centered, he doesn't make it all about him, he does not have any hidden agenda, he's not partial and one-sided, but he's about what the people NEED to hear - the truth."

This is utterly ridiculous! It's well known K.O. is one of the most egotistical, self-centered, biased people in the entire industry. He used 9/11 to further his career more than Bush did and he was basically washed up and getting fired from job after job prior to the attacks. Get some perspective.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:21 PM

45 posts, read 164,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Olbermann acts silly. Hannity is repetitive. Both networks add no depth to the discussion. I like Hannity better on the radio just because he can allot more time to a topic.

My personal favorite TV news opinion jockey is Glenn Beck. Since the election cycle I have been watching his show more and more. He had Bob Barr on for a big clump of time not that long ago. Most people don't even know Barr is running. This is not to say I'd vote for him but at least I got to hear a lot about his point of view. Beck spends a lot of time on the energy issue and not just with the usual politicians and their mouthpieces although the first time I ever heard/saw Palin was on his show talking about energy a few months ago. The point is, when people go on Beck's show they get more than 5 seconds to make a point, they're not all pretty faces and Beck is just as incredulous as me at some of the actions and positions of politicians/candidates in both parties.
I'm a big Glen Beck fan myself. His show is actually pretty entertaining as opposed to the Hannity hate-fest.

The important thing to due when listening to any of these type of shows is to remember that is just their OPINION. People who only listen to Hannity and Rush probably think McCain will win by a landslide and Olbermann fans are probably thinking the same thing about Obama.

The way I see it there are 3 sides to every story... One person's side, the other person's side, and the truth.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:31 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,351,970 times
Olbermann got himself fired at ESPN and his feud with Chirs Matthews has him on the verge over at Mess'n'bick.

He's a certified nut.

Hannity, for all his right-wing shilling, is unfailingly polite to his opponent. He even laughs at himself occasionally, unlike Keith-O.

Olbermann has obvious mental issues.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:37 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times
ODORman is just a cheap Al Franken clone---niether is funny and niether is to bright.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:01 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaks88 View Post
Just curious to see who people listen to/like more.

If they were to have a debate, who do you think would win?

I personally listen to Hannity and watch Olbermann everday. They both can be a little radical and repititive. ( It seems like Hannity is talking about the same thing everyday Keith will never let up on the Bush-bashing). I would probably take Olbermann in a debate as it seems he has more of an arsenal of facts, whereas Hannity possesses the louder mouth. Either way its impossible to get the full story out of either of them.
Hannity would just cut his mic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections