Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Denver,CO
45 posts, read 164,467 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

Just curious to see who people listen to/like more.

If they were to have a debate, who do you think would win?

I personally listen to Hannity and watch Olbermann everday. They both can be a little radical and repititive. ( It seems like Hannity is talking about the same thing everyday Keith will never let up on the Bush-bashing). I would probably take Olbermann in a debate as it seems he has more of an arsenal of facts, whereas Hannity possesses the louder mouth. Either way its impossible to get the full story out of either of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
 
2,857 posts, read 6,724,160 times
Reputation: 1748
Olbermann would chew up Hannity and spit him out without working up a sweat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Washington state
7,211 posts, read 9,429,699 times
Reputation: 1895
Olbermann is biased, but he uses facts. Hannity is a loud mouth and frequently lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Reputation: 62174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaks88 View Post
Just curious to see who people listen to/like more.

If they were to have a debate, who do you think would win?

I personally listen to Hannity and watch Olbermann everday. They both can be a little radical and repititive. ( It seems like Hannity is talking about the same thing everyday Keith will never let up on the Bush-bashing). I would probably take Olbermann in a debate as it seems he has more of an arsenal of facts, whereas Hannity possesses the louder mouth. Either way its impossible to get the full story out of either of them.
Olbermann acts silly. Hannity is repetitive. Both networks add no depth to the discussion. I like Hannity better on the radio just because he can allot more time to a topic.

My personal favorite TV news opinion jockey is Glenn Beck. Since the election cycle I have been watching his show more and more. He had Bob Barr on for a big clump of time not that long ago. Most people don't even know Barr is running. This is not to say I'd vote for him but at least I got to hear a lot about his point of view. Beck spends a lot of time on the energy issue and not just with the usual politicians and their mouthpieces although the first time I ever heard/saw Palin was on his show talking about energy a few months ago. The point is, when people go on Beck's show they get more than 5 seconds to make a point, they're not all pretty faces and Beck is just as incredulous as me at some of the actions and positions of politicians/candidates in both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM
 
1,881 posts, read 2,684,489 times
Reputation: 361
Hannity is a huge success and Oberman is one of the lowest rated shows on the tube. Even O'Reilly smokes him in numbers. No contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:42 AM
 
194 posts, read 325,586 times
Reputation: 52
They are both so biased I can't take them seriously. Olbermann is a former sportscaster who has burned more bridges than we did during WWII. We get it Keith, you dislike Bush. Hannity just never stops spinning, no matter how ridiculous it may make him look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 AM
 
2,265 posts, read 3,732,180 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Olbermann would chew up Hannity and spit him out without working up a sweat.
Olbermann the former sportscaster? What world do you live in? That guy continues to spew total nonsense. MSNBC is the worst possible place to get news, they're parasites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:53 AM
 
365 posts, read 525,298 times
Reputation: 85
Olbermann speaks facts and truths. He truly cares and voices that which is right. He doesn't seek popularity or ratings, but rather that which is important to everyone. He does not push to persuade his opinions on people, but rather he states the facts.
I like him because: he is not self-centered, he doesn't make it all about him, he does not have any hidden agenda, he's not partial and one-sided, but he's about what the people NEED to hear - the truth.

Hannity is just the opposite. He is a disgrace. He should not have any connections with the media period. He's a bad influence, not professional, disrepectful, not truthful, seeks popularity, serves one group, impartial, self-centered, hidden agendas, pushes his opinions on others, doesn't stand for right, and he is willing to slander/hurt/destroy/bad mouth/ridicule/low-rate and go after people he doesn't like.

I've known Hannity for a few months and I grew to totally dislike him!
I've known Olbermann for a few weeks and I grew to love him!

THE WINNER IS KEITH ALWAYS!
I thank God for Olbermann!

I wish we had more better journalist, media, coverage, etc. all around, but we don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:57 AM
 
1,881 posts, read 2,684,489 times
Reputation: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
Olbermann speaks facts and truths. He truly cares and voices that which is right. He doesn't seek popularity or ratings, but rather that which is important to everyone. He does not push to persuade his opinions on people, but rather he states the facts.
I like him because: he is not self-centered, he doesn't make it all about him, he does not have any hidden agenda, he's not partial and one-sided, but he's about what the people NEED to hear - the truth.

Hannity is just the opposite. He is a disgrace. He should not have any connections with the media period. He's a bad influence, not professional, disrepectful, not truthful, seeks popularity, serves one group, impartial, self-centered, hidden agendas, pushes his opinions on others, doesn't stand for right, and he is willing to slander/hurt/destroy/bad mouth/ridicule/low-rate and go after people he doesn't like.

I've known Hannity for a few months and I grew to totally dislike him!
I've known Olbermann for a few weeks and I grew to love him!

THE WINNER IS KEITH ALWAYS!
I thank God for Olbermann!

I wish we had more better journalist, media, coverage, etc. all around, but we don't.
If you look at the ratings, it is a no contest. Oberman is not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
 
7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times
Reputation: 2397
Olbermann is detestable, a nasty mean-spirited freak. His rating speaks for itself. How anyone can watch him at all.... I think in a debate they could go neck in neck, but only because Olbermann spews without thinking and could keep the "dialogue" at least going between them. Those with discretion would easily see the difference in their intellectual capabilities.


Hannity and Colmes a good show, but is not my favorite. I do like the banter between them. And that they put Ann Coulter on, always funny! Hannity is a hothead, but think he has learned to temper it over the years.

O'Reilly is smart guy and always on target. Tries to be fair, witness his bending over backwards to defend Obama, who deserves no defense. He is what he is, a shrewd political hack. But O'Reilly wants very badly to interview him. I say, "who the hell cares?!" But is his livlihood.

I like Beck, but can only watch him for so long--too antsy and animated. But like his topics and agree with him most of the time.

Also agree these guys do better on radio, maybe because they are not being watched and have more time to get their facts in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top