U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 26,771,714 times
Reputation: 19067

Advertisements

Here's the thing. McCain and Obama are two job candidates. I'm a citizen of the United States. That means we're the employers.

So far, they've been given one task to prove their executive ability. They had to select a running mate and have that person properly vetted.

IMO, McCain's last minute decision and his 15-minute interview made a mockery of this process. Now we have to do the vetting for him. I'm very sorry that vetting is an excruciating process--but since McCain would not handle it properly himself it will now have to be done publicly. God knows what other surprises will be discovered.

It's very gracious of Mr. Obama to make the statements he has made. However, he is the job candidate and I am the employer. Up until yesterday, I was amused. Now I'm ticked. McCain made a mockery of the system--I cannot allow him to have an important job like this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,645 posts, read 14,440,944 times
Reputation: 1679
Well citizen....what things will you be looking at as you examine the person you're going to hire?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 26,771,714 times
Reputation: 19067
But I will agree with one thing... it's time to stop merely chatting about this on the internet. Everyone online has heard all about it--now it's time to go out into the real world.

We need to start talking about this, make sure that people really think about the reality of what it would be like to have a president who likes to pull surprises and doesn't have the judgement to think things out first.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 26,771,714 times
Reputation: 19067
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Well citizen....what things will you be looking at as you examine the person you're going to hire?
Good question, indeed. The next thing I want the media to do is tell us in detail about the vetting process. Since we have to do it ourselves.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 8,078,509 times
Reputation: 625
Downtown Wasilla

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/InsultComicDog/wasilla.jpg (broken link)

Sarah herself
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/stubhead/SarahPalin.jpg (broken link)

palin has so much dirt on her they will have a field day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:33 AM
 
5,697 posts, read 5,728,770 times
Reputation: 1939
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Here's the thing. McCain and Obama are two job candidates. I'm a citizen of the United States. That means we're the employers.

So far, they've been given one task to prove their executive ability. They had to select a running mate and have that person properly vetted.

IMO, McCain's last minute decision and his 15-minute interview made a mockery of this process. Now we have to do the vetting for him. I'm very sorry that vetting is an excruciating process--but since McCain would not handle it properly himself it will now have to be done publicly. God knows what other surprises will be discovered.

It's very gracious of Mr. Obama to make the statements he has made. However, he is the job candidate and I am the employer. Up until yesterday, I was amused. Now I'm ticked. McCain made a mockery of the system--I cannot allow him to have an important job like this.



you can call it anything you want
but all this is, is a witch hunt
why don't you just grab her and have a trial, then burn her at the stake.
That would follow the warped mentality around here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:36 AM
 
5,697 posts, read 5,728,770 times
Reputation: 1939
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
But I will agree with one thing... it's time to stop merely chatting about this on the internet. Everyone online has heard all about it--now it's time to go out into the real world.

We need to start talking about this, make sure that people really think about the reality of what it would be like to have a president who likes to pull surprises and doesn't have the judgement to think things out first.



I think you sould get a rope and have a public hanging, would you not be happy then??? You people are a lot like the KKK
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:38 AM
 
5,697 posts, read 5,728,770 times
Reputation: 1939
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Well citizen....what things will you be looking at as you examine the person you're going to hire?


HIS SUPPORTERS!!
Obama's supporters are the vilest of the vile
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:41 AM
 
2,215 posts, read 3,372,762 times
Reputation: 507
This just proves that even the Obamadrunks believe in Communism.

We do not need your help, your boy wonder picked a real winner himself.

A badly in debt moron who couldn't buy a delegate himself when running for President.

Maybe you should vet your failure congress, the worst in our history because we really cannot afford any more liberals in Washinton.

Sounds to me like you are still very worried!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,645 posts, read 14,440,944 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
HIS SUPPORTERS!!
Obama's supporters are the vilest of the vile
Umm...ok

Are they loyal?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top