Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:55 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So it is with a little tinge of surprise and much more newsworthiness that the McCain campaign leveled charges of sexism today at Barack Obama for his treatment of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
In a comment sent out by the Arizona Republican's aides, adviser Carly Fiorina said she was "appalled by the Obama campaign's attempts to belittle Governor Sarah Palin's experience. The facts are that Sarah Palin has made more executive decisions as a Mayor and Governor than Barack Obama has made in his life. Because of Hillary Clinton's historic run for the Presidency and the treatment she received, American women are more highly tuned than ever to recognize and decry sexism in all its forms. They will not tolerate sexist treatment of Governor Palin."
McCain Camp Levels Charges Of Sexism

So you can't say anything critical about Sarah Palin now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 02:56 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,257 times
Sarah Palin is beyoch......that is all i gots to say

Old 09-02-2008, 02:57 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
GREAT!

A natural response to the incessant race card! The sexism card, though less effective than the racism card, should keep this race interesting!

But fauxgressives have long ago proven they don't care about sexism anyway, so I'm not sure if it will work for the Kos Koolaid Krowd.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
GREAT!

A natural response to the incessant race card! The sexism card, though less effective than the racism card, should keep this race interesting!

But fauxgressives have long ago proven they don't care about sexism anyway, so I'm not sure if it will work for the Kos Koolaid Krowd.
Has Obama ever accused the McCain camp of racism? Yet Obama has been accused by Mccain for playin the race card, spreading smears and being a sexist.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
You bet, same as Hillary. Rampant sexism by obama, his surrogates and his willing accomplices in the MSM. They are all too happy to do his dirty work for him.

The questions about Palin having 5 children she needs to care - what is she doing thinking she can be VP? Sexism, pure and simple.

Did we see or hear anything remotely similar about Edwards with a dying wife and two small children. Did we hear the media say that he shouldn't be continue his campaign because what would happen to his children if his wife died? Did anybody say he needed to stay home and care for his children?

That's the kind of stuff were hearing about Palin, from the surrogates and the supporters of obama.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:05 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,232,611 times
Poor baby. Hillary was dragged through the mud and even though she did dish it just as hard, she also took it. So I guess we can expect to hear McCain's speech on sexism soon?

Old 09-02-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Has Obama ever accused the McCain camp of racism? Yet Obama has been accused by Mccain for playin the race card, spreading smears and being a sexist.
Actually, yes.

"THEY'RE" going to make you afraid of me. He has a funny name. He doesn't look like those other presidents..."

Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Poor baby. Hillary was dragged through the mud and even though she did dish it just as hard, she also took it. So I guess we can expect to hear McCain's speech on sexism soon?
I hope soon! Then we can have two politicians simultaneously do away with sexism AND racism in this country with monumental speeches.

Or many Obama will have to give it. He can pull dear old grandma up from under the bus as an example of a typical old woman he gets along with.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:09 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
I like Rove saying her selection was not a governing selection but a campaign selection. There it is right from the puppet master himself.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I like Rove saying her selection was not a governing selection but a campaign selection. There it is right from the puppet master himself.

As was Biden.... to compensate for Obama's "experience" shortcomings.

What is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections