Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:56 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,994,120 times

Advertisements

I have seen the most lousy, assinine, coverage of both Hurricane Gustav, the Republican Convention and Sarah Palin in the last week. What a relief it was last night to turn on C-Span, listen to ALL the speeches beginning way back during the dinner hour and not have to put up with the blathering DC and NYC know-it-all idiots in the cable TV news media trying to explain womanhood and small town America.

Fox News you get a D for political analysis this week. Your "panels" and guest analysts are strangers in a strange land when it comes to small town America, a place you would never visit if you have to leave the studio or your hotel rooms. I am most disappointed in you. You're just dull. As soon as I realized you were skipping the speeches of Romney and Huckabee in favor of your repetitive NYC/DC talking heads, I was out of there.

CNN you get a D for the same reason as Fox but also for that rhymes with witch Campbell Brown and that pole stuck up his butt Jack Cafferty. I don't know Brown but I've seen enough this week to extremely dislike the woman. The only reason you don't get an F is because your hurricane coverage was the best of the cable news channels.

MSNBC you are like channel 185 on my TV and I have to put on my snow boots to wade through the stuff you peddle regularly. I didn't visit you last night, so no grade, but I did pop in to Morning Joe this morning. You know that blonde guy you had on. The one that Joe Scarborough suggested offer his e-mail address up because his comments were so sexist that everyone sitting around in the coffee place's eyes bugged out because they couldn't believe what he was saying. Well, that's just one example of why your viewing audience is probably smaller than the Wasilla high school graduating class.

C-Span, ya done good. I can't tell you what a relief it was to watch the speeches and absorb the atmosphere in the convention hall without some idiot newsperson telling me what I was seeing or analyzing what I was feeling. I'm coming back to you, tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,661,231 times
C-Span is the only way I can ever watch the conventions. I don't need talking heads speaking over the speeches, or a bunch of idiot analysts telling me what I just saw.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:23 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
So you can just absorb all that substance, truth telling, detailed discussion of the issues for yourself??

What the hell did you get out of your C-Span broadcast?

I mean you dont' like to mix the hype, spin and one-sided commentary of pundits with the Convention's hype, spin and one sided propaganda of lying politicians ?

Give me a break.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:24 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,631,932 times
I like Jim Lehrer. Boring? Perhaps. But Im not watching to be entertained.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:25 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,691 times
But how will you ever find out how wonderful The Maverick and The Mayor are if you don't watch Fox News?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,408,173 times
Campbell Brown seems like a condescending witch. Not only in the conversation in which she demanded over and over to know a "decision Palin made on the Alaska National Guard" (is he supposed to have a list of decisions she made on a day-to-day basis?) but even in subsequent conversations.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:29 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,190,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I have seen the most lousy, assinine, coverage of both Hurricane Gustav, the Republican Convention and Sarah Palin in the last week. What a relief it was last night to turn on C-Span, listen to ALL the speeches beginning way back during the dinner hour and not have to put up with the blathering DC and NYC know-it-all idiots in the cable TV news media trying to explain womanhood and small town America.

Fox News you get a D for political analysis this week. Your "panels" and guest analysts are strangers in a strange land when it comes to small town America, a place you would never visit if you have to leave the studio or your hotel rooms. I am most disappointed in you. You're just dull. As soon as I realized you were skipping the speeches of Romney and Huckabee in favor of your repetitive NYC/DC talking heads, I was out of there.

CNN you get a D for the same reason as Fox but also for that rhymes with witch Campbell Brown and that pole stuck up his butt Jack Cafferty. I don't know Brown but I've seen enough this week to extremely dislike the woman. The only reason you don't get an F is because your hurricane coverage was the best of the cable news channels.

MSNBC you are like channel 185 on my TV and I have to put on my snow boots to wade through the stuff you peddle regularly. I didn't visit you last night, so no grade, but I did pop in to Morning Joe this morning. You know that blonde guy you had on. The one that Joe Scarborough suggested offer his e-mail address up because his comments were so sexist that everyone sitting around in the coffee place's eyes bugged out because they couldn't believe what he was saying. Well, that's just one example of why your viewing audience is probably smaller than the Wasilla high school graduating class.

C-Span, ya done good. I can't tell you what a relief it was to watch the speeches and absorb the atmosphere in the convention hall without some idiot newsperson telling me what I was seeing or analyzing what I was feeling. I'm coming back to you, tonight.
C-Span - the only real news coverage worth watching.. No spin, just the facts and viewer call-ins of every pursuasion. (Forgot McNeil-Leher - that's excellent, too)

Old 09-04-2008, 10:32 AM

372 posts, read 849,150 times
PBS should get some praise too.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:33 AM

742 posts, read 2,067,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Campbell Brown seems like a condescending witch.
What does that make Sean Hannity, who fights with his guests regularly? Campbell is no Bill O'Reilly, but I'd rather watch her than any of the FOX News barbies

Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,661,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
So you can just absorb all that substance, truth telling, detailed discussion of the issues for yourself??
It's true ... some people don't need to be spoon-fed. I can figure out what I'm watching without instant "analysis."

Quote:
What the hell did you get out of your C-Span broadcast?
The conventions, unfiltered. A broadcast that figures I'm smart enough to make up my own mind.

Quote:
I mean you dont' like to mix the hype, spin and one-sided commentary of pundits with the Convention's hype, spin and one sided propaganda of lying politicians ?

Give me a break.
So you're assuming that most viewers can't figure out when the politicians are spinning or lying, without some talking head there to tell them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections