Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:15 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,297,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
oh bla bla blah... if the shoe were on the other foot, you all would be saying the same petty stuff. Yes, it's open season.

And by the way, I think her daughter's situation does matter. It helps us piece together what Sarah Palin is all about and who she is. So basically, what I know is that she is a religious radical who thinks God speaks to her and whose young daughter is pregnant. She has also cut funding for unwed mothers in Alaska, she shoots wolves from helicopters, and she doesn't believe in global warming. I pretty much know all I need to know. She isn't getting my vote.

Do you have kids? I suspect you are probably just a kid yourself, but lets just say you have a daughter, if your daughter came home and told you she was pregnant, from what you have posted then it would make you a bad mother. Is that correct? That seems to be what you are inferring when you talk about Mrs Palin. You know kids make mistakes, and news flash it is not always their parents faults. How do you know that she wasn't on bc? BC has been known to fail? How do you know they weren't using a condom? They have been known to break. The fact of the matter is you don't know, you are just speculating so when you come up with the proof that her mom was irresponsible and didn't give her the "birds and bees" talk then why don't you come back and post the proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:16 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,247,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
isn't this saying it all!!!! so sweet and for all you haters!!!!

Levi & Bristol: The Writing's on the ... Finger
Posted Sep 4th 2008 11:50AM by TMZ Staff
Good name for their first book. The thoughts run wild...

Old 09-04-2008, 12:42 PM

27,221 posts, read 46,863,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I sincerely hope McCain lives a long happy life, but let's face facts. The man is 72 and has had multiple melanomas, among other things. It's not like her assuming power is all that far-fetched, should they get elected.
Doesn't drug use shortenlife....and Obama with his family history isn't the person with the strongest family tree either....on top of that blacks have none for having bigger risks for certain diseases.....so your story is b.s., probable just like mine.....you just can't tell...some people live to be 100 and others drop dead at a young age.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Do you have kids? I suspect you are probably just a kid yourself, but lets just say you have a daughter, if your daughter came home and told you she was pregnant, from what you have posted then it would make you a bad mother. Is that correct? That seems to be what you are inferring when you talk about Mrs Palin. You know kids make mistakes, and news flash it is not always their parents faults. How do you know that she wasn't on bc? BC has been known to fail? How do you know they weren't using a condom? They have been known to break. The fact of the matter is you don't know, you are just speculating so when you come up with the proof that her mom was irresponsible and didn't give her the "birds and bees" talk then why don't you come back and post the proof.
exactly or maybe she used birth control if their religion allows it....and if you use certain medication it doesn't work 100%....but who cares...it happened and they look happy and maybe they wished it was different but at least they are together and ...knows maybe they get married and raise the kid together for the next ... years and grow old together

Old 09-04-2008, 12:59 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,957,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Interesting question. I'm not a Mom yet, but I'm going to state it how I see it.

Supposedly these two have been dating for over a year, since she was 16 years old, common sense would leave my mother to determine that I should be on birth control. Knowing that kids can be forgettful and irresponsible, my mother would insist that I go on the pill, rather than rely on "him" to use a condom. She would also take the time to make sure that I was taking it every day so that it was 99.99% reliable.

And here is the way my mother handled me. She instilled in me the fact that I was too good for any punk kid who wanted to have sex with a 16 or 17 or even 18 year old girl, however if that message didn't sink in (it did luckily), she still put me on the pill when I was 16. So, somewhere along the line, Mama Palin missed a step.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:05 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,872,231 times
Well if you are that interested in my demographics, I have nothing to hide:

I am a mother of two young children myself, a daughter and a son. I am close to 40 years old and once my son was born I quit my job since to stay home with them, partially since my lowly job as a schoolteacher wouldn't pay high enough for childcare costs. I feel lucky that I don't have to work. I'm no kid.

This family is not the family that I want representing us as a nation, bottom line.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:07 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,978,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
come on, let's all admit it. This is kind of ... how should I say it without offending anyone... but it's a little redneck-y? Is this the family we want representing us as a nation? Do we all hate elitist that badly that we have swung way off in the other direction?
White trashy is another way of putting it.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:12 PM

31,690 posts, read 41,126,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
His mom has said in articles that they were discussing marriage before Bristol found out she was pregnant. Not hard to believe when you consider that Bristol's parents were high school sweethearts, too.

Of course, the libs love to fling crap at women who "only" want to be a wife and mother. But my parents married at 18 and my mom was quite happy in her role. And if anyone flung crap at her, I'd take them down FAST.
Yes I agree with you 100% conservatives are very happy with woman being only a wife and mother. Can you use that as a signature in your post? I think it would be very helpful to help people understand and appreciate conservatism.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:22 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,293,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Maybe Sarah will buy them a plot of land and a double-wide where Levi can roam with his gun, spittin' tobacco and shootin sh** for dinner. Bristol can stay warm inside with Junior, cooking up moose burgers and watching Jerry Springer all day

I did notice that they ran him through a Super Cuts before presenting their foul-mouthed son-in-law-to-be to the country. Sarah probably made him spit out his tobacky into her hand just before walking on camera.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
So what do you call all these black teenagers who have kids and don't even no who the babies daddy is.....a few years ago I watched Maury (sometimes)....well some had to bring 4 or more man to get DNA testing done.....how dare you say it about a nice girl, who has a boy friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections