Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 06:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times

Advertisements

light weight about to attempt to fight heavy weight divison. i wish this was GOP best shot but i know it is not. more comin up the road. ugly mean & nasty round the bend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 06:44 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,063,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
To much is made of a college education. Academics by and large are pretty useless thats why they end up academics. Sarah is hands on goal and result oriented executive that isnt afraid to get her hands dirty doing real work

for instance running off the alaskan good ole boys who ripping off her state
What, and we don't need to produce more engineers and scientist to compete with China I should assume.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

Your numerous "questionable" post aren't helping. CBS and CNN are showing a tie? With a 4.4% spread across all polls.
I am just linking articles from her home paper. Are they part of a conspiracy? Some of them are from before she was even selected.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I am just linking articles from her home paper. Are they part of a conspiracy? Some of them are from before she was even selected.

No no....go ahead....the partisan searching is fun. Let me guess those are all the articles you can find....no other good ones.....just the ones talking bad.

Since something like 80% of Alaska likes her that argument holds little weight.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 PM

500 posts, read 910,668 times
She's not an uppity...I mean, elitist snob

Old 09-04-2008, 06:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times
Tubor do you seriously think someone would drop out and go to different colleges in search of a "free ride"?

If so why has she been so determined in her career?

Maybe the kids she has had while serving?

Is everything so cut and dry that 5/10/15 colleges means shes a failure? Even if she has (apparently) very efficiently taken control of Alaska?

One can change college for many reasons from "upgrading" to having to move or economic limitations.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:52 PM

86 posts, read 190,291 times
I have to ask why does this matter? She graduated. Geesh!

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It is probably pretty politically safe to bash gays in Alaska.
Could you explain that?

Quote:
It is not because she transferred schools. Let's see her courses and grades!
Quote:
You are not running to lead the United States of America either. She can simply release her transcripts and show us her course work and her grades. What is she hiding?
I doubt she is "hiding" anything. Have any other presidential candidates released their transcripts? This election or any other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Kev - totally get your point, but maybe I didn't make mine very well. You will never know where your physician ranked in school. Medical schools don't give out that info.

As far as the Prez . . . these are political candidates we are talking about. The brightest and best don't go into politics. Sad, but true. The brightest and best are often the unknown physicians, researchers behind the scenes.

Or they may be famous b/c they created a business or invented something - like Bill Gates, who is a genius and didn't need to rely on a college degree to do what he saw as his mission in life.

There really is no correlation b/tn intelligence and grades. Honestly. There have been many studies on this.

And anyway - we are talking about politicians here . .. not brain surgeons or nuclear physicists (altho I believe Jimmy Carter was a nuclear physicist).
I agree. Jimmy Carter has a BS degree from the Naval Academy in Annapolis. He took some post-grad work in nuclear engineering, but did not get a graduate degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrob123 View Post
This may sound snobbish but please point out one President or Vice President who didn't come from an elite college (Republican or Democrat). It hasn't happened. Why hasn't it happened? Because in this country we value education, especially elite education.
Harry Truman did not attend college. Eisenhower had a degree from West Point. While that may be considered an "elite" college, he did not have an advanced degree. See above re: Carter. Reagan had a two year degree from Eureka College in Illinois. I don't know about the VPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
How many times do I have to say it? You are NOT allowed to transfer to another university if you don't have decent grades. I know you are dying to see that she had bad grades, and if you don't see her grades you are going to ASSume they were bad, but I have three kids in college right now and IF YOU DON'T HAVE A 2.5 GPA MINIMUM, YOU CANNOT TRANSFER.
You are not allowed to transfer credits lots of folks transfer with poor grades their grades just don't go with them. Do you know anyone who flunked out from a four year then went to their local 2 year and back to a four year or from one four year to another with the eligible grades transferring and those below the benchmark not transferring.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Yawn. Kerry, Kennedy, Gore, Bush, to name a few Ivy leaguers I wouldn't vote for today.
I work in a factory, I deal with college grads everyday. They are called managers. Whats most apparent in many of them is college taught them nothing about practical application. Looks good on paper mentality abounds, superior elitist attitudes are in no short supply. But the ability to connect the dots almost nonexistant.
In short college is not just a little over rated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections