Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times

Advertisements

I'm for Obama and I think Biden will do fine. He has debated before and against a women Hillary before. What has been interesting to me about this debate is that I think more people will watch this than normal because of Palin. I can't help but wonder if she is really the person that appears in the interviews we have seen her do. I also have to wonder why McCain picked her because except for the first few weeks after the convention her ratings have dropped really bad. Will we all be surprised or was this intentional to produce this big game changer in her. I can't believe she is this great Governor and then can act like she can't find her way out of a paper bag. It has been interesting. I think at this point if she knows her name she comes out great. Which makes me mad as this debate is with the two VP candidates who would be president if anything would happen to Obama/McCain and I want to see a fair debate that is being judged as if we are seeing two VP candidates and because of Palin proformance these last few weeks will it really be judge in those terms or will it be that she says something that sounds like it makes sense and Yah she the winner and that isn't fair to us or to Biden. Lets face it there are many people who are going to watch this to see if Palin makes a fool of herself. Where does that leave Biden or people who really want to see what these two have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
I think that the key points that her handlers have been hitting her with are;

1. Short answers, answer the question, or something close to it, then SHUT UP.

2. If you don't know, admit it, don't WING IT.

3. This is not the RNC, the condescending humor, aka snarkiness, DOES NOT PLAY. We know this is how you handled the AK Governor's debate, but this is the BIG LEAGUES. One of those cracks and Biden will hand you your a**, and the voters will hand you your hat.

4. Smile, be yourself, which flies in the face of # 1, 2 and 3.

golfgod

Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,257,254 times
there are many people who are going to watch this to see if Palin makes a fool of herself.

Count me in!

But I am afraid she will disappoint as she does better when heavily coached.

I think you win a prize for run on sentences, tho.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM

550 posts, read 1,234,395 times
McRacist would've been better off selecting Paris Hilton or Britney Spears as VP.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:24 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
McRacist would've been better off selecting Paris Hilton or Britney Spears as VP.
I find this characterization to be objectionable.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:27 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
I can't believe she is this great Governor and then can act like she can't find her way out of a paper bag. It has been interesting.
]

She isn't "this great Governor", though. She hardly ever went to Juneau, even when the legislature was in session. And her husband could go to jail for refusing to honor a legislative subpoena with regards to the ethics investigation. She could well end up being impeached.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:28 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
I was trying to be nice.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:30 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
kidcanuduh, Come on dude. Quit using McRacist. It takes the debate down to the level that his side likes to play. You'll notice that the posters on here, that people take seriously NEVER refer to him as anything other than McCain, or Johnny Mac, Palin is always S.P. or Sarah. On their side the RESPECTABLE posters never say "Obamination" or call Michelle a hater.

DON'T STOOP TO THEIR LEVEL.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections