Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:20 PM

18,044 posts, read 27,497,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenSnow85 View Post
Then why are the opinions of pro-life women kicked around in the mud? Oh right, only pro-choice women are real women right?
Woah! No. This is a very rough neighborhood in here. It's politics. This particular subject here is very heated.

Let me put it this way; I commend any woman who chooses to have her baby and despite the suffering and hardships of her and her baby, she does her best to raise and love that baby.

If you're a pro-lifer, go down to the polls and vote. But it's easy to see why the Democrats and the Republicans didn't touch this one with a 10-foot poll at their respective conventions. This is a very polarizing subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 05:24 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,590,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrob123 View Post
Anyone who was not born with a uterus should have no opinion about what those born with one do. So, until you grow one you can go kick rocks.
So can the same be said that anyone who has not served their country honorably shouldn't be allowed in politics or in the voting process?

Just wondering how one sided things can get.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:25 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,147,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Woah! No. This is a very rough neighborhood in here. It's politics. This particular subject here is very heated.

Let me put it this way; I commend any woman who chooses to have her baby and despite the suffering and hardships of her and her baby, she does her best to raise and love that baby.

If you're a pro-lifer, go down to the polls and vote. But it's easy to see why the Democrats and the Republicans didn't touch this one with a 10-foot poll at their respective conventions. This is a very polarizing subject.
I don't know that we ever discussed the subject, McGowdog. This thread is about Obama and Infanticide. Most everyone has been talking about abortion- not infanticide.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:29 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,590,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That's right! Only being the Commander in Chief gives you that right.

And then only if the person is dark-ish skinned and lives, you know, really, really far away.

Well in some cases this proves those with built in lobotomy's should have been aborted.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
....If you're a pro-lifer, go down to the polls and vote. But it's easy to see why the Democrats and the Republicans didn't touch this one with a 10-foot poll at their respective conventions. This is a very polarizing subject.
Amen. Neither touched on it at the convention because it should NOT be politicized one way or the other, it simply is a personal issue.

Many anti-abortion types are the same ones hollering out one side of their mouths about "less government is best government" and "get government off the backs of the people." Then, out of the other side of their mouths, they want the government to stick its nose into your bedroom and tell you who you can or cannot marry, and further stick its nose into your doctors office and stop a procedure that has been ruled legal. The hypocrisy of this bunch is amazing....get the government off of MY back, and stick it on YOUR back.

If anti-abortion people don't like abortion, then they shouldn't have one. Further, these people should teach their damned kids how to NOT get pregnant, like that trailer trash family in AK that is now part of the GOP ticket.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:48 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,147,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

If anti-abortion people don't like abortion, then they shouldn't have one.
And if people don't like slavery, they shouldn't get a slave.
-Southern plantation owner to abolitionist.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Well in some cases this proves those with built in lobotomy's should have been aborted.
Well, thank God you've finally turned pro-choice.

(It sort of is funny to have a "stupidity" intimation misspelled...or rather, ironic..."lobotomies," Einstein.)

And I'll tell ya...as ticked as I've gotten over some of you in the Conservative Reich, I haven't actually wished any of you dead/aborted.

Good heavens but the Republicant's are getting desperate. And scared.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:02 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfulou View Post
zgack is another person who is a bully who gets his or her rocks off telling a woman what they can and can't do with their body.
It makes me want to puke every time I hear that phrase. The baby you kill is not the woman's body, but a brand new body. You have just killed a person and got away with it. I am not voting for someone so sick they think this could possibly be all right.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:14 PM

116 posts, read 265,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Most everyone has been talking about abortion- not infanticide.

Same thing. Murder is murder whether the baby is still inside the body or not. My wife was born months premature. Than GOD that her mother was not able to get to the abortion (murder) she wanted. I love my wife dearly and she would not be here today if her mother did what she wanted to do then and still claims today what she should have done. MY GOD! Why won't anyone stand up for the rights of the ACTUAL baby and it's father?

Old 09-05-2008, 06:30 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Start Today View Post
Same thing. Murder is murder whether the baby is still inside the body or not. My wife was born months premature. Than GOD that her mother was not able to get to the abortion (murder) she wanted. I love my wife dearly and she would not be here today if her mother did what she wanted to do then and still claims today what she should have done. MY GOD! Why won't anyone stand up for the rights of the ACTUAL baby and it's father?
I agree with you. It's very sad that the same people who advocate abortion and the killing of innocent babies are the same ones who will, on the other hand, defend helpless animals. They don't consider the helpless baby a real person...thus unworthy of life. The old saying "be hero, save a whale...save a baby, go to jail" says it all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections