Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:42 PM

11,448 posts, read 14,511,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS..! But i wouldn't expect you to understand....
That makes no sense, especially since we had no Dem congress at the start of Bush's term, but his rubber stamp congress instead. Knucklehead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Leaders of what? The Iraq fiasco? Record foreclosures? Trillion dollar deficits?

Which one?
I wouldnt put the forclosure one on the government. Peoples poor decisions arent the governments problem.

And the Iraq thing....Democrats can cut off Bush whenever they want in Congress, but you see, THEY DONT!

And the trillion dollar deficits can be attributed to the massive size of our government brought on by Democrats as well as Iraq.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:53 PM

11,448 posts, read 14,511,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I wouldnt put the forclosure one on the government. Peoples poor decisions arent the governments problem.
Lack of regulation was the problem. Many people had their hand in the cookie jar though.

Quote:
And the Iraq thing....Democrats can cut off Bush whenever they want in Congress, but you see, THEY DONT!
Nobody in their right mind wants to play chicken with Bush when more soldiers lives are at stake. They know damn well that if Bush is stubborn enough to kick inspectors out and invade Iraq over a pack of lies, then he'll leave those soldiers in harms way just to "win" a fight against those who oppose his war.

Quote:
And the trillion dollar deficits can be attributed to the massive size of our government brought on by Democrats as well as Iraq.
Bush had a republican congress for the first six years, who spent money like drunken sailors. Don't give us that crap.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,989,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleandPam View Post
After Hillary was out of the running, I was on the fence about whom I was going to vote for. I gotta say, I have listened to the speeches. McCain doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, unless it's about his time in the POW camps. And don't take that as an insult, I appreciate our Service Men and Women. But that doesn't mean they are all qualified to run our country. Then McCain took Palin with him, which lowered my opinion of him even more. Does he really think American Women will vote for him because he took a woman as V.P.? This woman is No Hillary by any means. She will not help with health care. If you watch her real close with McCain and her family, they all seem so uncomfortable with each other, which threw up more red flags! Now Obama doesn't seem to need a speech written for him. He just grabs the mike and starts talking. He even tells us what he's going to do, and more importantly, HOW he's going to do it. Plus, He and Biden seem very comfortable with each other and their families. I was not going to vote for Obama because I was mad he didn't take Hillary, but I can't let that fact get in the way of making a good choice. I would just tell anyone who's listening not to jump to any decisions to quickly, watch the candidates and go with your gut instinct, they are usually more correct than when we think with our heads.

It's very interesting to vote based on what you feel like is reality.
If you're judging the Governor by your measure of how comfortable she "looks" with Senator McCain's family (people she's known for about three days)...then I guess you're right. Obama's your man. Politicians may be good actors but that's a new one and probably somebody forgot to think of it.

Google OBAMA speech writers and you will see the names of them. You will also see pieces about controversies over plagiarism with him. By the way, here's a quote from Ted Sorenson one of Kennedy's speech writers. You may have heard one of his little lines:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

It has been said:

Speech writers wield untold power among voters, and Sorensen is considered one of the modern day best.

And guess what. He's credited for helping Obama also. How much? I don't know.

YES Biden and OBAMA are very comfortable with each other. Biden voted against your financial future by voting for a Bankruptcy bill in 2005 making it difficult for citizens to file for relief and every time you pay your bill think of him when you see predatory interest. Credit Card and Financial Institutions are his constituents in Delaware.

And then, funny thing, Obama said IN HIS SPEECH "now is the time to reform bankruptcy laws"

LOL I bet the buddies had a good laugh at that at your expense wink wink. Biden was the only candidate to vote for it and the two of them know the public doesnt bother to check voting records. They usually just go on ....well...you know...

Old 09-04-2008, 11:58 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,911,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
You do realize she didn't WRITE that speach??

So what? You do realize that she AGREES with what was in that speech??

Bud

Old 09-05-2008, 12:01 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,444,496 times
Quote:
That makes no sense, especially since we had no Dem congress at the start of Bush's term, but his rubber stamp congress instead. Knucklehead.
which goes to show that both partys are equally at fault for the mess we are in.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:09 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,939,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Start Today View Post
[b]She has executive experience as a mayor and a governor. Obama has no executive experience at all.
Neither does McCain. But Bush did.

Quote:
She has managed and balanced a government budget, Obama has not.
Neither has McCain. But Bush has.

Quote:
She has outed corrupt politicians, both Democrats and Republicans and Obama has not.
Neither has McCain (to my knowledge).

Quote:
Obama is self admittedly a recovered drug user, she is not.
Non-issue. Bill was too and look how well we did under his administration. Praise the Lord and pass the herb.

Quote:
Obama has an incredible streak of associations with dishonest people and Palin does not.
What "incredible streak"? One person (Rezko) doesn't qualify as a "streak."

And McCain does. "Keating Five"?

And people talk about the Democratic ticket being inverted. Seems like the Republican ticket is even more so.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:09 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,720,210 times
You guys do realize the economy was fine, gas prices were low, and unemployment was lower than it was under Clinton at any point WHEN THE REPUBLICANS HAD TOTAL CONTROL. It wasn't until the Democrats came in that we faced this recession, unemployment skyrocketed, and gas prices have gone bananas. When Pelosi brought her crew to the Congress two years ago, thats when things went sour in Washington.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:11 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,503,864 times
Quote:

Nobody in their right mind wants to play chicken with Bush when more soldiers lives are at stake.
They know damn well that if Bush is stubborn enough to kick inspectors out and invade Iraq over a pack of lies, then he'll leave those soldiers in harms way just to "win" a fight against those who oppose his war.
Do you not know that Obama wants to deploy 10,000 troops?
To a total of 100,000 more in the military?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:12 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,503,864 times
Quote:
You guys do realize the economy was fine, gas prices were low, and unemployment was lower than it was under Clinton at any point WHEN THE REPUBLICANS HAD TOTAL CONTROL. It wasn't until the Democrats came in that we faced this recession, unemployment skyrocketed, and gas prices have gone bananas. When Pelosi brought her crew to the Congress two years ago, thats when things went sour in Washington.
Why does nobody want to talk about that???
I just don't get it.
They cannot really be that stupid or blind or deaf can they?

Hear no evil

see no evil

speak no evil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections