Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 AM

11,389 posts, read 16,774,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
what are you talking about. Unemployment was lower, we had a balanced/surplus budget, no war, and GAS was .89 cents a gallon. Where you just born TODAY or something. Unemployment under Clinton was 3.06 percent at end of Term. Its nearly 6 percent now. The Stock market had a continuous growth. 7 years ago the Dow hit 111,111, I remember that number because it was kind of odd, today, its just about there again as of TODAY

Huh??? Where was I when the Dow Jones hit 111,111???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 06:05 AM

64 posts, read 333,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
You do realize she didn't WRITE that speach??
Maybe she didn't but she sure did look good giving it.
A hot chick with a gun, she's got my vote

Old 09-05-2008, 06:51 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,892,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I try to keep an open mind... in fact there are many policies the republicans favor that i do as well... Here's my problem though.. I am gay.. and they do not support civil unions yet alone gay marriage... that is something that hits home more than any other issue for me.. If you don't like me.. why should I vote you into office???
Bioseguy, I'm a conservative but I support civil union for gays. I don't think I'm an oddity in that respect. When I worked as a nurse years ago and had dying AIDS patients, I watched bitter battles play out at the bedside between the gay partner and the patient's estranged family who seemed to all of the sudden appear out of nowhere as if they cared. I lived in a very liberal area and fortunately for the gay couples, the physicians and nurses made every attempt to give control to the partner, but unless the patient had made out a living will or a Power of Attorney, the partner didn't have any legal rights concerning medical decisions relating both to life and death. Prior to that experience, I probably would never have been sensitized to the issue. I do think that there needs to be more public awareness of these kinds of situations, but I often feel the gay community approaches it in exactly all the wrong ways, alienating many people who might otherwise be allies. Also remember that, as strange as it may seem to you, there are gay conservatives.

There are also conservatives who are pro-choice, as I am. I have a medical issue that would benefit from stem cell research, and it annoys me greatly that Republicans have bowed to religious pressures to prevent it. However, I am not a single issue voter. I have to consider other things. No party represents exactly what I believe in. National security is a very high priority for me, though, again, it is not the ONLY issue, and I don't think Obama has a clue. Any time someone is afraid to name the enemy, I know that person is not ready to fight the enemy, much less fight to win.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:52 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,294,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Your comment is a joke for the same reasons that you called Blondie's a joke. You are also basing your argument on unknown, and lashing out at someone else for doing the exact same thing you are doing. Even if you think you are on the defense it still doesn't change the fact you are also arguing a maybe, could be, might,etc. No facts to support either of you so your comment is laughable as well. And PS, if you want to see some real fake news, put down the Enquirer and watch CNN.
I went back and reread my post and nowhere did I say she was on bc, I simply posed the question "why is everyone assuming she wasn't on bc? " It seems like the majority of the posters seem to think that because her mother doesn't believe in abortion or that sex ed should be taught in school that she "fell down on her duties as a mother." All I was trying to point out is that noone knows for sure what happened and instead of speculating, why can't we let it rest. It is real simple if you don't like Sarah Palin and you don't believe in her governing methods then don't vote for her. Her mothering methods are noones business. Now I think I will go off and find something better to do with my day then listen to people's what-if's. I must have had a week of weakness to even begin voicing my opinions on a forum like this.

Where is these posts did I say I read the National Enquirer? If you will read my post I never said I read it. FYI I don't watch CNN-The Communist News Network

Last edited by ajzjmsmom; 09-05-2008 at 07:37 AM..

Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,786,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydawg View Post
Maybe she didn't but she sure did look good giving it.
A hot chick with a gun, she's got my vote
wow....perhaps you should stay home Nov 4 if thats your criteria.

I don't think a Hot chick with a gun is sexy at all by the way. I don't want to think of my lady wearing fatigues in some forest, gutting a moose.

Im tired of this excuse about controlling the animal population. The truth is that no body really cares about that, they just like to kill game. I lived in small town america. That was always a joke. Maybe for Ted Nugent its true, that guy actually plant over 100,000 trees a year, but for the rest of you, its just BS.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,303,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Like ANY of them write their speeches.
Obama wrote his acceptance speech. And the race speech.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
They all used teleprompters...ever been to a convention, a debate or otherwise?
Well its not my point to point out that they read from telepromter, its my point to point out that it wasnt coming from her, she was just reading. The speech writter deserves all the credit. It came from Bushes camp. She just read. She didnt even help write it. All it proves is that she can read. Obama wrote his own speech at the convention. He had help refining it, but the basic theme and text were his.

Yes, back in 1992

Old 09-05-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Huh??? Where was I when the Dow Jones hit 111,111???
lol, sorry 1111....I went a little crazy on the 1s. I hope Im invested when it hits that other number

Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,892,920 times
Quote:
The speech writter deserves all the credit. It came from Bushes camp. She just read. She didnt even help write it. All it proves is that she can read. Obama wrote his own speech at the convention. He had help refining it, but the basic theme and text were his.

Yes, back in 1992
Proof of these allegations?

My hunch is that both candidates write parts of their own speeches and the speech writers write the rest. Doubtful a woman as strong as she is would be content to "just read." That's really ludicrous (but I think you know that).

Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,435,870 times
Quote:
Well its not my point to point out that they read from telepromter, its my point to point out that it wasnt coming from her, she was just reading. The speech writter deserves all the credit. It came from Bushes camp. She just read. She didnt even help write it. All it proves is that she can read. Obama wrote his own speech at the convention. He had help refining it, but the basic theme and text were his.

Yes, back in 1992
Half way through the speech her teleprompter broke, it broke on Rudy's speech too.

Who do you want someone that can write a good speech, or deliver on the speech written?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections