Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:08 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Bush is doing a fine job.
Ah, one of our 28 percenters! Truly you are a rarity among the human populace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 11:17 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Ah, one of our 28 percenters! Truly you are a rarity among the human populace!
I hope you, and other Obamatrons, realize that "Europe" doesnt count. This is not a "world" election.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I hope you, and other Obamatrons, realize that "Europe" doesnt count. This is not a "world" election.

I hope you and other Dubyites understand that America does better in the world with strong allies. Allies that don't vote in our elections but certainly act in ways that can help or hinder us after our elections.

We've seen how lukewarm support from offended traditional allies hinders our progress abroad.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I hope you and other Dubyites understand that America does better in the world with strong allies. Allies that don't vote in our elections but certainly act in ways that can help or hinder us after our elections.

We've seen how lukewarm support from offended traditional allies hinders our progress abroad.
I am sorry, but our elections are NOT up for a global debate. We put who we want in power. I know the Middle east wants Obama to be president, they have said it over and over again.

But this is America, the other nations have NO SAY in who we elect, and we have NO SAY in who they elect.

I am sorry, but elections are off limits. We are not that much of a "global" society where other countries should have any influence on our election.

THIS IS AMERICA, DAMNIT!!!!! LEARN TO LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:50 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times
Love this country by making sure you say something when your leaders are messing up the country, and not follow them blindly like the Bush-ites. Our international standing is down the toilet thanks to the clown in this increasingly globalized world. Someone needs to learn to love this country the right way and not mess it up by loving it with flag waving, and pickup sticker pasting.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:10 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
I am sorry, but our elections are NOT up for a global debate. We put who we want in power. I know the Middle east wants Obama to be president, they have said it over and over again.

But this is America, the other nations have NO SAY in who we elect, and we have NO SAY in who they elect.

I am sorry, but elections are off limits. We are not that much of a "global" society where other countries should have any influence on our election.

I get it. You think the only ones who love America are those who share your viewpoint.

You're so wrong you're silly.

Grow up.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Question Has there EVER been a political convention where...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
... a two-term sitting president and vice president didn't make an appearance? Bush and Cheney were barely even mentioned in passing over the past three days.

What gives?

Bush and Cheney got more mention from the Democrats than they did form their own party.

Do any of you diehard Dubyites grasp the signifigance?

Anyone?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/skoro52/bushwisdom3.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,333 times
Quote:

Unlike the neocons, I do. I believe in the principles this nation was built on, like defending liberty, and not going abroad in search of monsters to destroy, and seeking friendly commerce with all nations. We're a part of this world whether the neocon faux patriots like it or not. We can choose to be Reagan's "shining city on the hill," setting an example that the rest of the world wants to emulate, or we can be the schoolyard bully that everyone fears and wants to take down. I'm with Reagan. The neocons would betray not only him but the men who fought and died to make this the greatest nation on Earth.

Bush and his neocon buddies are anti-American traitors, plain and simple.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
Bush and his neocon buddies are anti-American traitors, plain and simple.

Bush, Cheney, and their neocon cronies don't hate America. They just hate 99.9% of the people living here.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:

OK, you have that part down all right.

Quote:
Our global partners have a big stake in the outcome , even though they have no vote.

Quote:

In america, citizens are NOT expected to march in lockstep agreement. Especially with chickenhawk leadership and their hate radio mouthpieces. Look into it. This is the land of the free. Do your own thinking instead of grabbing some overfed fool's talking point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections