Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 AM

41,994 posts, read 75,295,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Obama can't even give a straight answer.
That was because ol' Bill couldn't keep his yap shut and let Obama answer the (loaded) question without being interrupted.

Perhaps O'Reilly should look up "interview" in the dictionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 08:15 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,549,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Obama can't even give a straight answer.
For many, uh, simple Americans, a "straight answer" can't have more than two words.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:15 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,296,904 times
I think it's sad that a good interview is now based on who "wins" and who gets in the most "jabs" as opposed to sharing information and knowledge. What I saw was Obama trying to answer questions in a complete way and getting repeatedly interrupted. But he did well and the portions of answers he was able to deliver before he was rudely interrupted were intelligent and insightful.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,799,974 times
Did you see how stressed he looked and his whole body language was from a person that isn't relaxed at all and again uhmm, uhmmm and not able to quick answer the question!!! This is not what a president looks like (and I don't mean color) and his whole demeanor showed it.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:34 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,739,764 times
I watched the interview last night and will watch the remaining 3 parts next Mon - Wed. Regarding OR's question about Iraq and the war on terror, Obama pointed something very important: we need to make Iraqi govt accountable for the billions of dollars we've been sending them, and to start asking the same from Pakistani govt instead of giving them blank check without any kind of accountability whatsoever. I haven't heard any of this mentioned by McCain, instead he wants to pour more money there in the name of 'national security'

Old 09-05-2008, 08:54 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,876,309 times
I watched this interview and I thought the worst thing was the fact that Obama did not look Presidential. O'Reilly didn't give Obama one shred of respect, but worse, Obama didn't command respect. Bill constantly interupted Obama's answers and Obama would hold out his hand and say, "Bill, Bill, Bill....." Obama reminded me of a little sister or little brother trying desperately to get their older siblings attention. "Bill, Bill, Bill....."

Obama looked very weak, young and naive......not Presidential at all!

Can't you just imagine Obama trying to meet with foreign delegates and trying to get their attention.....running after them...."Vladimir, Vladimir, Vladimir.....".

The interview really showed that Obama only looks Presidential on stage through stagecraft and smoke and mirrors. All an illusion.

Obama simply looked and acted like a little kid out of his league in the interview.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:58 AM

In other words, Barack played down to the level of his competition. That happens when superior and gifted people are bored for lack of challenge.

Obviously Bill O'Reilly is no challenge.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:59 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,900,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I watched this interview and I thought the worst thing was the fact that Obama did not look Presidential. O'Reilly didn't give Obama one shred of respect, but worse, Obama didn't command respect. Bill constantly interupted Obama's answers and Obama would hold out his hand and say, "Bill, Bill, Bill....." Obama reminded me of a little sister or little brother trying desperately to get their older siblings attention. "Bill, Bill, Bill....."

Obama looked very weak, young and naive......not Presidential at all!

Can't you just imagine Obama trying to meet with foreign delegates and trying to get their attention.....running after them...."Vladimir, Vladimir, Vladimir.....".

The interview really showed that Obama only looks Presidential on stage through stagecraft and smoke and mirrors. All an illusion.

Obama simply looked and acted like a little kid out of his league in the interview.
You realize none of that had anything to do with actual answers. I would rather a guy that stutters and knows what is going on then one that can talk fast but does not "get it". All this " Rah Rah, go get 'em" (without really thinking about who "em" is) talk is what is costing us billions per month now.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,876,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
In other words, Barack played down to the level of his competition. That happens when superior and gifted people are bored for lack of challenge.

Obviously Bill O'Reilly is no challenge.
Candy coat his poor performance in the interview. Obama isn't superior or gifted. He is inferior and dumb.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Candy coat his poor performance in the interview. Obama isn't superior or gifted. He is inferior and dumb.
I know, I know. Hillary's smarter and the only reason she's not the nominee is because of sexism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections