Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:36 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,866,343 times

Advertisements

You guys don't want her to talk to the media, because then the paint will really start chipping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 09:38 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,764,170 times
She's being programmed.

Oh just wait, the media is going to have a fieldday with her. I thought the GOP was going to have a field day with Obama, but our miss Palin is going to make everyone forget who Tony Rezko is ... holy cow, Christmas is September y'all!!!! Whoever the boneheads who heavy handed Palin on McCain is gonna be soooorrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy ...

Dang, I need to go make myself a fresh pitcher of matinis and get myself a new pair of sunglasses, this is gonna be fun fun fun till Palin's daddy takes her hairspray away.

I love how the frothing righties (got it right this time!) are making the media the enemy .... THE MEDIA!!! Well listen buckos, the media is going to keep lopping fastballs at Palin's beehive and sorry, but one sole Fox News network won't be able to fish those things out of her hair fast enough ... look out, here comes Williams .. here come Oblermann, oh crap Scarborough ... ya gotta be kidding me, Joe, we thought you were one of us man!!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:38 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,296,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Since when it is a requirement to talk to the media that has been proven to be racist, sexist and that spread lies purposely.
I guess we shouldn't mind having a VP who doesn't have the guts to talk to people she disagrees with.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:41 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
What are you worried about?

Remember Joe Biden, him and Obama did not even travel together for the first week and when someone asked why, people like you said it was none of our business why.

Believe me, when she talks to reporters you will feel the ground shake.

Since when it is a requirement to talk to the media that has been proven to be racist, sexist and that spread lies purposely.
Joe Biden had already been in the public eye for quite a while and was in fact speaking frequently; he didn't give one canned speech and then disappear. As far as refusing to be part of "the media that has been proven to be racist, sexist and (to) spread lies purposely," I don't see anyone taking that high road when it comes to advertising what they want you to see; campaigning; etc. Obviously the Dems are doing that too--but again, they're also accepting the fact that if they use the media, they have to respond to the media. You just can't have it both ways.

Now if Obama or Biden were to tape a whiny "they're picking on me" speech and then scuttle quickly away, then your argument might have a leg to stand on.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:53 AM

21 posts, read 34,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
This is odd. Every other candidate does, why is she any different? She will have to sooner or later.
Sure, I've heard Obama talk to reporters...he says things like "Not now, guys, give me a break!". He cherry picks all of his questions. I think Palin should be able to do the same.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,811,856 times
Sarah "white trash" Palin is not smart enough to be answering any sort of questions from reporters. It has been reported that all the candidates will appear on Sunday talk shows this week except for her. That says, much doesn't it? The media is gonna chew up this freak one she comes up supposedly ready to start talking to reporters and such

Old 09-05-2008, 09:59 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,920,301 times
Because she's been busy being assaulted by trash like this which was just posted HERE as a thread :

Did Sarah Palin Exchange Sex For Passing Grades In College?

The OBAMA school of push posting plastering message boards and blogs using the Nintendo generation to torpedo people.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:01 AM

351 posts, read 487,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
Sure, I've heard Obama talk to reporters...he says things like "Not now, guys, give me a break!". He cherry picks all of his questions. I think Palin should be able to do the same.
You obviously didn't watch the O'Reilly Factor yesterday.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Because she's been busy being assaulted by trash like this which was just posted HERE as a thread :
Yes, absolutely. The reason Sarah Palin won't speak to the media without a canned speech is that people on message boards say mean things.

I mean hell. That would stop me from doing my duty were I running for the position of the VP of the U.S.

So would a broken fingernail...

I mean come on, RWS...........

Old 09-05-2008, 10:13 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,764,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, absolutely. The reason Sarah Palin won't speak to the media without a canned speech is that people on message boards say mean things.

I mean hell. That would stop me from doing my duty were I running for the position of the VP of the U.S.

So would a broken fingernail...

I mean come on, RWS...........
Oh JerZ, you're such a womanhater
womanhater
womanhater
womanhater
womanhater
and ... oh yea

you're a
womanhater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections