Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 01:21 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
New Information:

Palin offers first television interview to ABC

1 hour ago
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Republican vice presidential running mate Sarah Palin is offering her first televised interview to ABC News in the coming week in Alaska.
Palin, the surprise pick of Republican presidential nominee John McCain, has been giving campaign speeches alongside the Arizona senator since the GOP convention but has not sat down for an interview about her views.
A McCain-Palin adviser says an interview was offered to ABC's Charlie Gibson several days ago and that they expect it to happen in the latter part of the week in Alaska. Palin is the governor of Alaska and is expected to return home at midweek after more joint appearances with McCain.
Awesome, thats a start. what do we know about Charlie Gibson, softball/hardball?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 01:24 PM

454 posts, read 749,389 times
ABC is normally very fair unlike NBC (aka Network of Barack Crooks)

Old 09-07-2008, 01:26 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
ABC is normally very fair unlike NBC (aka Network of Barack Crooks)
fair like what, like fox fair, or CNN fair. You want fair, have PBS do the interview. Boring but fair. Oh well beggars can't be choosy

Look for the square box on her back

Old 09-07-2008, 01:57 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,426,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Awesome, thats a start. what do we know about Charlie Gibson, softball/hardball?
He's capable of both but I'd classify him as a hardball type.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:59 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,476,711 times
Ha! I'm surprised her first interview isn't with Hannity.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:06 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,193,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
Sure, I've heard Obama talk to reporters...he says things like "Not now, guys, give me a break!". He cherry picks all of his questions. I think Palin should be able to do the same.
Unbelievable! He's appeared on almost *every* news show and answered a slew of questions from the iraq war, health care and education to the economy - God, he even appeared on O'Reilly - and that took real guts! Can you see your girl confronting the questions of Keith Obermann, Chris Matthews or maybe even Amy Goodman of Democracy Now? Sooner or later, she'll have to come out of hiding and answer to the media on why she'd be an effective VP, ready to take over in the event of you know what (which is a real possibility).. It is soooo hard to imagine how someone could be groomed for White House duties in just a few weeks..

Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
He's capable of both but I'd classify him as a hardball type.
And Charlie Gibson is unquestionnably a Democrat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Both Biden and Obama did an interview with 60 minutes during and right after the convention (the next day, in fact).

I did misspeak. I meant to say until 7 days after it was announced Biden was the candidate. Sorry.

I don't see where speaking with reporters has anything to do with anything. I can almost guarantee that we will be seeing Palin in many venues.

But answering question from a bunch of screaming reporters doesn't impress me from any candidate and they all seem to avoid it whenever possible.

Fact is, Palin has the Dems in a virtual panic and it's obvious why. She's new, she's fresh, she's not same old/same old .... sounds a lot like what Barack promised but doesn't seem to be delivering.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,045,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
. She's new, she's fresh, she's not same old/same old ....
The team that is coaching Palin is not a breath of fresh air. They are all Bushies.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:16 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
And Charlie Gibson is unquestionnably a Democrat.

I did misspeak. I meant to say until 7 days after it was announced Biden was the candidate. Sorry.

I don't see where speaking with reporters has anything to do with anything. I can almost guarantee that we will be seeing Palin in many venues.

But answering question from a bunch of screaming reporters doesn't impress me from any candidate and they all seem to avoid it whenever possible.

Fact is, Palin has the Dems in a virtual panic and it's obvious why. She's new, she's fresh, she's not same old/same old .... sounds a lot like what Barack promised but doesn't seem to be delivering.
Lol....the only folks who think Governor Palin is "something new" are the same folks who swore they "knew something" about Iraq and running the Economy - look where that got us.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:33 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,686,768 times
I would take someone who is learning then someone who has been wrong on every single issue like Obama and Biden, at least they have an open mind and have the brains to know when they are right or wrong.
Even Obama admitted he was wrong on Iraq and he has been schooled by Michael Moore for 20 months now.
How damn long is it going to take for Obama to learn at least something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections