Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,197 times

Advertisements

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/09/m...at_obama_i.php

McCain TV Ratings Beat Obama in Preliminary Numbers

By Andrew Krukowski

Presidential candidate John McCain's acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention drew more television viewers than his rival Barack Obama attracted at the Democratic party's event last week, according to preliminary ratings from Nielsen Media Research.

Across all broadcast networks Thursday, Sen. McCain’s speech ended the night with a 4.8 rating/7 share, compared to Sen. Obama’s 4.3/7 average, according to overnight numbers from metered households in 55 U.S. markets measured by Nielsen. These ratings are preliminary, however, and are subject to change.

NBC’s coverage of Sen. McCain’s speech started directly at the tail end of the opening game of NFL season, with the speech pulling in a 6.3 rating/10 share, topping Sen. Obama’s speech last week by 26%. That lead-in may have boosted audiences who last night turned out in droves to watch Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin introduce herself to the country.

ABC’s showing of the McCain speech averaged a 4.5/7, down 2% from the same night of the Democratic convention last week, while CBS’ coverage took in a 3.4/5, an increase of 3%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:33 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
So it helps to have the most popular sport as your lead in? Thanks for that wonderful information

Old 09-05-2008, 10:34 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
So it helps to have the most popular sport as your lead in? Thanks for that wonderful information

Excuses, excuses. Denial is a beotch.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Excuses, excuses. Denial is a beotch.
I am not denying anything, nor am I wrong. Read my posts, both candidate are idiots. We are in for another long 4 years.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:42 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Republicans are more in need of reassurance than Democrats are.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:43 AM

472 posts, read 872,244 times
Too bad ratings aren't the measure of an election. I tuned in to see what he had to say... and he didn't change my vote.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM

479 posts, read 879,339 times
Doesn't distinguish whether those people were awake as his speech was a cure for insomnia. He had all of those eyeballs(until the lids were shut from boredom) and failed to convey his message with any excitement or substance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/09/m...at_obama_i.php

McCain TV Ratings Beat Obama in Preliminary Numbers

By Andrew Krukowski

Presidential candidate John McCain's acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention drew more television viewers than his rival Barack Obama attracted at the Democratic party's event last week, according to preliminary ratings from Nielsen Media Research.

Across all broadcast networks Thursday, Sen. McCain’s speech ended the night with a 4.8 rating/7 share, compared to Sen. Obama’s 4.3/7 average, according to overnight numbers from metered households in 55 U.S. markets measured by Nielsen. These ratings are preliminary, however, and are subject to change.

NBC’s coverage of Sen. McCain’s speech started directly at the tail end of the opening game of NFL season, with the speech pulling in a 6.3 rating/10 share, topping Sen. Obama’s speech last week by 26%. That lead-in may have boosted audiences who last night turned out in droves to watch Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin introduce herself to the country.

ABC’s showing of the McCain speech averaged a 4.5/7, down 2% from the same night of the Democratic convention last week, while CBS’ coverage took in a 3.4/5, an increase of 3%.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:49 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,370,975 times
Oh, man. I'd hoped for McCain's sake that not many people saw his snoozer of a speech last night.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:52 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,908 times
tv ratings?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:29 AM

62 posts, read 292,034 times
Talking because they needed a sleep aid

i'm so glad people tuned in to that snooze fest! it was horrible and now everyone will see through the bull of the current republican party. mccain, that's the best you can do? i know he tried his hardest to excite, but even i started dozing off. it must have taken all the old man had to deliver that riveting drivel. poor gramps must be tired today. it's ok you can go take your prune juice and nap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections